Wildest ciders you've created and it's taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattBoivin

Reaction score
I just want to know what kind of crazy ciders people have come up with. My wildest I've come up with is:

6 gallon carboy
3 gallons fresh squeezed apple juice
1 gallons fresh squeezed crab apple juice
1 gallon fresh squeezed cranberry juice
4 whole sliced oranges
2 whole sliced lemons
2 whole sliced limes
1 whole sliced grapefruit
1 packet EC-1118 champagne yeast
Yeast nutrient

Fermented in between 53-60 degrees

Primary lasted 2.5 weeks, racked/squeezed any juice from the melons and let it sit in secondary for 3 weeks

Added 1 gallon fresh apple juice to mixture, bottled and let age for 3 months.

Basically was like heaven in a bottle, slight carbonation, the apple flavour was the leading flavour - and the melons were the supported bitterness and sweetness.

It tasted like a cooler/exotic drink on steroids. Tasted smoother and better than any store bought or craft brewery drink I've ever seen.

Let me know what you've created

How did you get it to finish fermenting in 2.5 weeks... I have some fermenting at 45-50 and its been going for 3 months:)

How did you get it to finish fermenting in 2.5 weeks... I have some fermenting at 45-50 and its been going for 3 months:)

Champagne yeast works faster, and I had it in a heated room. I also wanted carbonation in my bottles!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like the idea of the grapefruit. I am thinking of a Graff with some grapefruit juice added and then hopped with Citra, Cascade and/or Centennial

I have. Apple(honeycrisp)/pear nectar cider fermented with Brett B only. Tastes amazing just gotta bottle some up.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I added the dregs from two bottles of Cascade Sang Nior to a basic cider recipe. It turned out quite sour and tasted almost just like Sang Nior. I really want to ferment more with that yeast, should have saved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

I have. Apple(honeycrisp)/pear nectar cider fermented with Brett B only. Tastes amazing just gotta bottle some up.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

That sounds delicious.

My next batch will most likely be a fresh squeezed grape/peach cider. Peach and grape go together really well! Not adding sugar either. Letting it fully ferment and bottling it with some priming sugar!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got two wilds for you.
Son of super freak:
3 gallons 100% apple juice
4 cups white sugar
1 jar grandma's molesses
Wlp099

Aged with oak spiral and anise seed

And this one is still fermenting
6.5 gallon brewing bucket
20 cans fajc (2 gallons)
4 pounds white sugar
8 boiled cinnomin sticks
2 packets of lavlin ec1118
Topped with water till 6 gallon was in the bucket

It's bubblin like mad, sounds like cookin bacon

I ec1118 stops fermenting at 18% and I know I have enough sugar in there to get it to 18%
Then I will freeze distill this (thanks polar vortex)

Bam 32% abv
I will call it robotic ice monkey
Or Sui-cider

I go up to Apple Valley every fall and get 8 gallons of fresh squeezed apple cider, then I go to local farmers market and get enough fruit to get another gallon for each batch,
this year was raspberries
so I have 10 gallons of apple raspberry cider aging a bit it the closet

It finished real light so I had to back sweeten it.

Actually opened my first gallon last night. I am drinking it but think another 30 or 45 days till it will be best

OG 1.090
used some raisins and a little squeezed lemon
ec118

Latest posts

Back