wife wants something diffrent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishwater

Reaction score
I need help I have only brewed 4 times and extract only so far. But, She wants something different. Any ideas. prefer a kit, but will do a kit tweaked
Thank you
Josh:rockin:

Find out what different means. She might be looking for a Lemon Coriander Wheat Stout in which, you are already set. Any more different than that and I'd be wondering if she's talking about beer.

she meant different style Women man. so you think my lemon coriander wiess is over the top a summer yard work beer lol summer sit on my ass beer. thank you for the comment. What is the odest beer you have made?

irishwater said:
she meant different style Women man.

I'm not sure what that means- so I'll just take a stab at some popular beers. How about something like like a cream ale? I know that blonde ales are popular at this time of year, too. A few people have made strawberry blonde ales, so that might be something to think about.

the_bird said:
If she's anything like my wife, she'll try that once or twice but then tell you she hates it and won't try it again.

This is a beer that is not meant to pounded down fast. You need to give it time to warm up. Its really something you need to ease your way into.

She wants to see what the lemon tastes like. What she meant was a summer beer or a cherry, porter, cream, and or stout. She is a great wife she as a list of about fifty beers to brew. She just does not know what to brew next.
:rockin:

To actually answer the question instead of making inside jokes...

You know what I had of Evan!'s that was pretty good? A sour-cherry stout. You mentioned cherry and stout; those two actually play pretty well together, it's the only real "fruity" beer that I care for. Some nice roasty, chocolately notes from the stout, some crisp tartness from the cherries. If you don't make it too big, it can be a good beer even in the summer (at least, for coolish summer evenings).

Back