Why you never use bread yeast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanity1676

Reaction score
I was over at my buddies place discussing homebrewing while he sampled some of my apfelwein. After a few glasses explaining fermentation became too frustrating, so I decided to show him. I dissolved vitamins 1 cup of sugar and artificial maple syrup in a sauce pan poured it into a twist top water jug, pitched bakers yeast and set it on a shelf for him. An hour later it was bubbling, so i decided to show him how degasination works. He found this rather amusing, so i showed him a few times, (i may have left the cap on?). I get rather tired and head home around 11. Im safely in bed and i get a call at 1 am. My little ''demo'' for my friend blew up and his roof was covered in sugar water, appearantly he almost shat himself it was so loud. half asleep i told him to mop the ceiling. i thought this was funny, idk. im a terrible story teller

nah, masks are for quitters. the glass, shards make it all the more fun. get some Free face piercings that are so popular these days.

How long you taking from bucket to belly?

Two months. Well, two months one week.

I'm debating letting it go longer. The fruit hasn't dropped yet, and I know as per @yooper you can wait till then.

Back