Why "We're Pregnant!" bugs me so much

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it ultimately is unimportant semantics but I agree that "we're pregnant" sounds terrible.

My curiosity got the best of me, so after a quick scour of the entire internet, I found One article supporting the 'we' from some mommy blog. And the comment section (which far exceeds the article length) is full of people just as annoyed as the folk in this thread.

NOONE tell CG that his opinion matches that of everyone else on the planet. It may crush his blue toed soul (sole?)

CG congrats on your pregnancy! :D

I had three kids, no my wife had three kids. We raised them together.. not toatally true. Big D after 12 years.. anyway I digress.

Truly happy for you and your wife. I'd never heard the term "we're pregnant" 25 years ago. My wife was pregnant and I was a terrified dad to be.

BTW. Pedicures are awesome. I've never had the kahonas to get my toenails painted however. :mug:

You were in the military and dealt with a bunch of hard-knock life lessons and a little nailpolish was your limit?? ;)

Congrats on your pregnancy! ;)

Best part of a pregnant wife? You get a designated driver for 9 months... Go ahead.... Ask me how I know!

Now where's that peanut butter ice cream? And the pretzels?

Congrats on your pregnancy! ;)

Best part of a pregnant wife? You get a designated driver for 9 months... Go ahead.... Ask me how I know!

Now where's that peanut butter ice cream? And the pretzels?

Haha story ive been told is my mom craved beer and ice cream while pregnant with me. Makes me wander sometimes.

Wait till you actually have the damn thing and all anyone asks is when you're having another.

Like, **** off. None of your goddamn business, that's when.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using a time machine.

Sounds to me like your pregnancy has really effected your hormones and the slightest things are setting you off.

Tell me the truth you had peanutbutter pickle sandwich for lunch didn't you?

Due in may.

I say "WE made a baby"

I haven't been craving anything except wild beer, which I have to wait until SHE delivers so WE can share it. She is craving lambic and acidic foods.

Wait till you actually have the damn thing and all anyone asks is when you're having another.

Like, **** off. None of your goddamn business, that's when.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using a time machine.

Just start giving uncomfortably TMI answers:

"Well, right now seems as good a time as any to start trying. Hey honey, care to join me in the bathroom for a few minutes?"

Just start giving uncomfortably TMI answers:

"Well, right now seems as good a time as any to start trying. Hey honey, care to join me in the bathroom for a few minutes?"

My answers vary, from informing the person that we're on a big anal kick right now, to the guilt-inducing "we've acutally been trying for a long time now and it's kind of putting a strain on our marriage"

What the hell happened where it's suddenly a bad thing to have an only child? Kid seems to have enough fun already without needing "someone to play with" 24/7. Why can't things just be good BOTH ways - with siblings, without, doesn't matter, it's all good?

This world is stupid.

You could say the exact same thing about a woman who is undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer (the husband has to pick up the slack in the household, do the driving, be supportive, etc.), but nobody says "We have cancer."

I agree with the OP, I find it obnoxious.

Kind of insensitive and maybe not the best choice of example. But when you are in a marriage or a good long solid relationship with one you love, it should be we and not me. If that happened to my wife, part of me would die too and I cant imagine the terrible grief of it being her and not me or even vice versa. All said I just don't like the term We are pregnant, myself and quite frankly when I hear someone say it it kind of sounds gay. No offense but is there going to be a conclusion to this already?:D

My wife is due May 31st, when is yours? My first child too, and a girl. She had two boys who are now 13 and 11 so we are happy,so is her side of the family who has no girls yet. My wife calls ours a kickboxer or says she is doing zumba. Us men would be pussies if we were pregnant,thats all I got to say about that.

I doubt we would be total pussies...have you seen the picture (X-Ray) going around the internets this week of the guy with a chainsaw imbedded in his neck? Definitely not a p*ssy;)

Back