Why is everyone into only talking about why everyone is into only IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because the original thread died down. Dont worry though, some idiot will start another one once everyone stops (momentarily) obsessing about these hard shelled amphibious creatures

i suppose im biased against the hard shelled ones. As a kid on a family raod trip we pulled over to help a ~40lb alligator snapper cross the road without getting run over. Bastard nearly took my dads thumb off

3fb7de47fd_Funny-Turtle.jpg

[emoji217] = emoji217 with a [ ] around it

:goat: = goat with a : : around it

[emoji222]

[emoji214]

Last edited:
[emoji1][emoji2][emoji3][emoji4][emoji5][emoji6][emoji7][emoji8][emoji9][emoji10]

[emoji481][emoji482]
That seems to be it! the numbering is horizontal and down: 43 across and 13 down.

Last edited:
OT: I feel like there might be a growing correlation between people that like weed and IPAs.

Also, I feel that people that discover they like more flavor than what the macro breweries produce, and want to push the boundaries of their palettes. For most people it's easier to go from a light flavorless beer to a golden hop bomb, instead of diving into the darkness of porters and stouts. (At least from people I've tried to introduce new beers to)

There have been so many types of beers that have come and gone, and some have had some resurgence in popularity like the gose. IPAs may be the new fad, but I think it's only because since WWII beers became light and flavorless due to rationing, and now people are realizing that beer has flavor and intensity with more hops and barley.

Anyways {/rant}

I think it's only because since WWII beers became light and flavorless due to rationing, and now people are realizing that beer has flavor and intensity with more hops and barley.

The temperance movement/prohibition had more to do with it than WWII.
Very few a company survived prohibition and the ones that did were pushing the light American Lager as their flagship profit makers. Hard cider was more popular than beer pre-prohibition & it did not survive it.

As far as a relation to weed smokers and IPA`s i can't say for sure as i've known many a smoker and as some do like IPA`s as their drink of choice i've met just as many if not more whom preffered other drink.

oh and [emoji217]

OT: I feel like there might be a growing correlation between people that like weed and IPAs.

Well, so many hops nowadays smell like weed... like Columbus (esp. to me@!) that it's no surprise.

:)

Last edited:
Well, so many hops nowadays smell like weed... like Columbus (esp. to me@!( that it's no surprise.

:)

If only there was a hop that tasted like blue dream, super lemon haze, or jack herer/candy jack. Now we just have to get some people from Purdue working on that haha.

Prohibition. PFffttt.

Bunch of SWMBOS telling the guys how to live.

I be all like "Ain't you gonna tell me what to do! I want a beer, I'll have a beer. I'll just wait for you to walk over there and I chug 1 or 5 real fast. Honey, what's that noise outside? Right out the back door? Oh! It was me drinking all the beer while you ain't lookin'!"

Back