Why I Wouldn't Drink Sam Adams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had a problem with your original post. I do have a problem with people who hate youth culture to the point that they feel like the have to degrade it somehow. Here's a list of youth culture movements for the past 100 years. There's a common thread: old people hated them.

Flappers
Greasers
Beatniks
Hippies
Mods
Punks
Hip Hop kids
Skins
New Wavers
Metal heads
Emo kids

Hey hey now, wtf? Everyone loves the mods, right?

I don't drink the Boston Lager because it isn't lager-y enough for me. They must use crystal malts or mash high - it's not refreshing like I expect.

I love their Octoberfest. I think it's one of the best out there. Their Rebel IPA is also pretty good. I was just on a cruise and drank a few of those.

So if Russian River started mass producing Pliny the elder would it be less good? One can only dream about getting that much Pliny!

We can all agree that hipsters are awful and are attempting to ruin all sorts of awesome things, such as beer, beards, video games, tattoos, sushi, suspenders, and the list goes on.

If you are truly the type that likes something until it is popular, then you can't drink Craft beers- terribly popular. Don't continue to be a member at HBT, it has too many members.

I would suggest Pruno, it is hard to imagine it ever becoming popular.

What the heck is pruno?? :confused:

How dare they appreciate things. Jerk holes.

They aren't appreciating those things they're ruining them by enjoying them sarcastically. Some wimpy dude with a golden girls tshirt trying to front with a masculine beard and talking how he only drinks triple imperial IPAs. **** that guy

They aren't appreciating those things they're ruining them by enjoying them sarcastically. Some wimpy dude with a golden girls tshirt trying to front with a masculine beard and talking how he only drinks triple imperial IPAs. **** that guy

they don't enjoy them sarcastically, they enjoy obscurity and are sarcastic about it.

You don't know hipsters unless you live/travel in Brooklyn...

Williamsburg, baby! Brooklyn down! I spent 2-1/2 years there. I learned that there really isn't much funnier stuff than a Williamsburg hipster singing "Baby Got Back" at Karaoke Night - and killing it!

:drunk:

Jim was one of the founding fathers in revolutionizing craft beer. He is one of the reasons why the industry is where it is. He is always trying to take things to the next level. Sam Adams offers a lot of different beers to hopefully satisfy everyone's taste. I've had the wonderful opportunity to meet him and talk with him a couple times and the man truly brews for the love of beer. In today's ever changing tastes, if you want to stay on top you need take things to a new level. That means lots of different beers to satisfy as many palates as possible. Most craft beer drinkers want to drink beer from small craft beer makers. Most craft beer makers want to become big craft beer makers. Sam Adams did this on their own while a lot of other craft brewers sold out to the big boys. Jim is still walking to the beat of his own drum and even started the Sam Adams Brewing the American Dream Loan Fund to help people that wouldn't be able to get affordable loans start their business. Some people think they have become too big for a craft brewer but because they are so successful, they are able to give so many more people the opportunity to realize their dream.

Andrew,you're no fun:goat:

Maybe not. I'd let it go in DRMM, but not here in the technical (beer) area. Of course, it's a rant thread, and they can only go in one direction - down. I think this one has hit the bottom of the well, let's shut it down before the goats take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back