Why don't U.S macrobrews taste like European?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200ppm is crazy high for cold side.

A slow purge from the bottom with the output going into water, will be much more efficient.

In the beer yes. That's 200ppm in a 1L volume of gas.. Dump that with dry hops into a 7gal fermenter and you've suddenly reduced your ppm by a factor of 26 to about 7ppm

And I also said within 1 hour, if you leave the device on longer the PPM can go down below 100.

Also assuming your CO2 is 99.9% pure (typical for most homebrewers) that means it's 0.1% air, which is 1000ppm, and 20% of that is oxygen which is 200 ppm anyway.

According to the guy that I'm talking to, the manufacturing cost is about $15 - so I'm hoping not

Count me as interested.
Do you also need to provide the gizmo with hydrogen and connect it to a load while it's working?

All kinds of fancy interfacing, valving and seals needed for that. And if it doesn't hold a seal in the freezer it'd be all for naught.

If the inventors can get that device to hit a least an order of magnitude lower O2 content (so, 0.01%) at more than still conditions I'd like to have one to run my CO2 system through...

Cheers!

I'm actually investigating a fuel cell technology right now, that can be run in reverse and pull oxygen out of a container. It is cheap to make, can be fitted into a mason jar lid, and can reduce the PPM of oxygen to around 200 within 1 hour.
Can it power the flux capacitor in a DeLorean?

Latest posts

Back