Why do people choose bottles over draft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in college in Seattle, the Seahawks played at UW Husky Stadium while CenturyLink Field was being built. I worked at a bar near the stadium and my boss put a giant inflatable Bud Light bottle on the roof of the bar you could see from the interstate as people drove toward the area, which brought in a lot of NFL fans. Also, the university insisted on maintaining it's no-alcohol policy, so people wanted to get TANKED before the game.

We actually didn't have bud light bottles, we had bud light on draft. We had tons of idiots saying that the giant bottle was false advertising and that they were pissed.

The football-shaped Bud bottles actually felt pretty cool in your hand, honestly.

Most bottled beer poured into a glass is no different that draft beer. Just sayin'. I only say most to cover bottle-conditioned beers, which would be better from the bottle anyway.

Most bottled beer poured into a glass is no different that draft beer. Just sayin'. I only say most to cover bottle-conditioned beers, which would be better from the bottle anyway.

I've always understood that they may not be true. I was told that the beer in the bottles is pasturized so can be shipped warm. Most kegs aren't, hence why most are kept chilled. Might be BS. But it rings true. Does draft taste better than bottle/glass to me. Most of the time. Probably because kegs are usually fresher?

Back