WHY? Am i losing co2 pressure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylo_k2008

Reaction score
So I am losing Co2 pressure. Obviously have a leak, but using a 5 lb co2 in less then a week, its getting NUTS! I have a kegorator set at 36 degrees. 2 - 1/4 kegs located inside with 7 foot hoses. I know I am losing pressure because as soon as I shut the valve on the co2 tank the secondary regulator gauges slowly drain out of the kegs. Also I shut the valve in the secondary regulator once the keg is fully pressurized, and when I reopen it the pressure in the kegs are gone. So leads me to believe my leak is somewhere from the hose of the secondary regulator to the keg connection.
So where do I start looking?
Does it sound like I have a leak?
HELP!!

Put it all under pressure, and start by spraying star san or soapy water around any fitting or connection point, look for bubbles.

If that doesn't yield results, get a shallow pan, fill with water, and submerge lengths of the tubing looking for bubbles.

You could always use smoke too, don't have to wash it off. They also make smoke in a can for this type of testing.

Latest posts

Back