Whoz Gettin Druck To Night?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo-754827.jpg

The first is what I brought home today. Great wine, then 21st Amendment IPA, Anderson Valley Poleko Gold pale Ale and then Russian River Consecration. All are great and I will drink them all in the next three to five days. :)

Just finished the Damnation. Tough to get through 750ml of 9% beer by oneself after drinking some four other beers. Well, onto some more beer.

Click the picture with all the beer to get bigger.

THen you sir can't force yourself into good beer. Imagine a world that has no more skunking beer...a world where only good beer comes in cans...a world where you sir, can still pour the beer out of the vessel and into a glass, so it matters not what it comes in.

By the way, that wine is screw cap too.

It must really suck living in the same town as Russian River :rolleyes:

...I'm looking for the smiley that flips someone the bird...

California sucks. I mean who really wants to drink Russian River's Pliny the Elder all the time. Stone brewery sucks too, just so hoppy and balanced. And I mean, what is it about Firestone Walker trying new things. Who wants that. Then there is Sierra Nevada, come on. They didn't do anything for the craft brewing circuit. Forget Ballast Point, Marin Brewing, Lagunitas, Bear Republic, Feather River Brewing, Speakeasy Brewing, Lindan Street, Oakland Brewing, Ace in the Hole and a whole other bunch of places that brew or make cider.

Don't even get me started with Anchor Brewery either, that pile of poo poo.

Or all of those little craft breweries that just pop up every 30 miles from each other, if not less.

Almost makes up for all of the good press we get with those awesome celebrities and poloticians.

California sucks. I mean who really wants to drink Russian River's Pliny the Elder all the time. Stone brewery sucks too, just so hoppy and balanced. And I mean, what is it about Firestone Walker trying new things. Who wants that. Then there is Sierra Nevada, come on. They didn't do anything for the craft brewing circuit. Forget Ballast Point, Marin Brewing, Lagunitas, Bear Republic, Feather River Brewing, Speakeasy Brewing, Lindan Street, Oakland Brewing, Ace in the Hole and a whole other bunch of places that brew or make cider.

Don't even get me started with Anchor Brewery either, that pile of poo poo.

Or all of those little craft breweries that just pop up every 30 miles from each other, if not less.

Almost makes up for all of the good press we get with those awesome celebrities and poloticians.

I hate you now. :D

Not only them, but don't forget about those guys that get noticed for being complete hosers (and I mean everyone from winemakers, chefs, mayors, lawyers (f*ck the lawyers here that are just trying to make a name for themselves) and those people that try to get the Pledge of Allegience to not say God) and we somehow get blamed as people from California. I just saw a show on the TV about sandwiches and this guy mentioned how his Phili sandwich was nothing like those p*ssy sandwiches from Cali (nothing against Phili, just that guy). What a ******. We are to the US what the US is to the World. Sucks!

*Note, I have had much good luck with my people after living here all of my life.

Yah - I have contempt for snobbies POS mofos no matter where they live. Pi$$ on them.

I still could eat a $hit of tacos or breakfast burritos! :D

word. Good beer is best in cans, it is just not as readily available and there is a dilema by so many not so good beers coming in the package. Same as screw top as I mentioned earlier

I'm certain there would be more craft beers in cans if someone would come up with an inexpensive, low-volume printing process. Most microbrewers can't use 100,000 cans.

So, what's Widmer's excuse? They've got the volume. They are putting their Hefeweizen in 5L mini-kegs and at $20 each, not a bad deal.

Not getting drunk, but I think I'll try a pint of the Mild I made Sunday. It's down to 1.006 and starting to clear.

edit: Not bad for 6 days.

On call since last night, but I will be off duty tomorrow morning at 8am... I believe I will be having a beer for breakfast and pull out the stand to brew a batch of kolsch before it gets to warm around here. :D

Had a good night and drank a few (Bud Light Lime while working in the shop and switched to Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale while in the basement). Moving up to 10 gallon batches so I plumbed the keggle after having a couple of 1/2" couplers welded in. Also setting things up to brew the bulk grains/hops I bought a few weeks ago.

I operate an active ranch (thus the name) and remembered an old grain crimper with 10" diameter knurled rollers in a building, I think Dad bought it at an auction years ago and it has been sitting ever since. I dug it out, cleaned it up by removing the crud and rust, then mounted a 2 speed motor on it, this thing is a beast since it is designed to be used on a livestock operation for grain "crimping". With the pulley's/motor rpm I scrounged it should be spinning around 275 rpm. Everything is ready to go and I am stoked about brewing my Haus Pale Ale at a cost of $13.57 for 5 gallons. We are set for 10 gallon launch tomorrow so off to bed.

I am officially hung over. I decided that I would drink like 10 different kinds of beer last night. In the words of Dave Chapell, I am going to list the things I drank.

Multiple pulls from my IPA keg, can't count them
Russian River Consecration
21st Amendment IPA (in a can)
A friends homebrewed IPA (diacetyl)
Shots, at least two, maybe more

That first thing, the IPA keg was the killer. I woke up with my socks on. I am currently at work. I feel aweful. I think I just need a beer. My IPA is awesome and I really like the flavor, there just isn't any aroma which kills me because I dry hopped it with a **** ton of hops.

I drank a $hit of beer last night and ate a $hit of ribs, wings, beans and corn. Irony aside, I woke up with the mess cleaned up, doors locked and everything hunky dory. I couldn't believe it. I don't do that when sober.

Try a Newcastle in a bottle, then try one in a can. When you finish that exercise, tell me again how you can't bring yourself to buy canned beer!! :cross:

I take that back. I do buy Boddington in cans. I have had NB Fat Tire in cans and its pretty good.

I will amend my comment that I can't drink beer out of a can, I need to pour it in a glass or cup.

I have this thing with not liking metallic tastes. I cringe over it, like nails on a chalkboard for me.

There isn't a metallic taste! Get an Arizona Ice tea, a pepsi/coke, a V8. No metallic taste. Enough out of me...

I realize that there are a lot of things against the can, but I just want to point out a couple of things:

1. Light is the enemy of beer, so why not use a product that allows zero light into your beer. Imagine having Corona, Heineken and all of those other beers that we rag on not tasting skunked.

2. They are lined and so aren't giving any taste to the product.

3. Do you drink beer out of the bottle? If so then you (this is the royal you, not just the singular you) are not able to get all of the flavor anyways and so drinking anything our of a can will all taste the same whether it's pepsi, BMC or a fine craft brew.

4. Lightweight and so the shipping costs are less.

There isn't a metallic taste! Get an Arizona Ice tea, a pepsi/coke, a V8. No metallic taste. Enough out of me...

I realize that there are a lot of things against the can, but I just want to point out a couple of things:

1. Light is the enemy of beer, so why not use a product that allows zero light into your beer. Imagine having Corona, Heineken and all of those other beers that we rag on not tasting skunked.

2. They are lined and so aren't giving any taste to the product.

3. Do you drink beer out of the bottle? If so then you (this is the royal you, not just the singular you) are not able to get all of the flavor anyways and so drinking anything our of a can will all taste the same whether it's pepsi, BMC or a fine craft brew.

4. Lightweight and so the shipping costs are less.

Personally - I think its a mental thing dating back to the military. I recall eating steak off a metal plate. The sound of the knive scraping and the taste totally turned me off to steak for a long time.

All your points are valid. I may impose a bias just knowing its from a can. I probably would NOT detect it in a blind taste test.

BTW - I never drink out of a bottle. Need a glass every time. SWMBO thinks I'm crazy when I go out to dinner and order a SA or SNPA and they fail to bring a glass with the beer. I always ask for one too.

Latest posts

Back