Who's willing to help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwhite60

Reaction score
You can see in my info where I live. If anyone in the area is thinking about getting into all-grain brewing, or brewing in general, I'll be HAPPY to mentor someone on a brew or three.

I think it would be neat if others willing to do the same would post here. Would be nice to have a library new brewers could search to find someone.

We could probably save a LOT of new brewers a LOT of heart-ache and have them brewing good beer sooner.

30 JUNE 2016 ...
Responses by post #

#1 - Dwhite, Wake County N.Carolina
#2 - TheMadKing, Gainesville, Florida, USA ( I know, no one wants to be No.2)
#3 - Salingeric, Aloha, Oregon, USA
#4 - mongoose33, Platteville, Wisconsin, USA
#5 - DU99, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
#6 - Kombat, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
#7 - PADave, Saxonburg, Pennsylvania, USA
#8 - MaryB, Redwood Falls, Minnesota, USA
#9 - FatDragon, Wuhan, China
#10 - Junk-Man, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
#11 - catdaddy66, Midlands of South Carolina, USA
#13 - jddevinn, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
#17 - GilSwillBasementBrews, Eagleville Pennsylvania, USA
#18 - JohnSand, Rocky Point, Long Island, New York, USA
#19 - SteelManCM, Angier Area, North Carolina, USA

All the Best,
D. White

I'd be willing to show someone how I do it. I only have 8 all-grain brews under my belt, so I feel uncomfortable saying this is how TO do it, but I've had favorable reviews of the beers by beer snobs, and I'd pay money for the beers I have on tap right now, so I'm at least doing something sort of right.

[BTW, that's a result of a LOT of help and advice and input from the kind folks on HBT]

I do a full mash in a mash tun, vorlauf, then batch sparge.

Location is at left.

If you're patient you can, at least in my area, find deals on homebrew equipment. This guy here sells mash tuns made from coolers for what seems to be a reasonable price. He also from time to time has other brewing equipment. If you search "Brew" or "Brewing" in for-sale areas of Craigslist you can get lucky. He has good starting systems for sale too, such as this and this.

I see some in the Madison area as well.

Toronto canada reporting in.
I do full grain, batch sparge (in cooler tun) but I'm more than happy to advise folks who are doing extract as well.
I also just went through the process of building out a dual corny kegerator, so if y'all need input on that

We could probably save a LOT of new brewers a LOT of heart-ache and have them brewing good beer sooner.
DWhite, maybe you could start editing your initial post to list usernames and locations of volunteers, in hopes of getting this stickied?

Always willing to help new brewers get their brew on! If you are in the midlands of South Carolina, hit me up... I generally brew on the weekends.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm always happy to run through things with people, both with brewing and equipment. Charlotte, NC

All the users of this forum and only thirteen willing to help beginners. No wonder there are so few homebrewers.

All the Best,
D. White

All the users of this forum and only thirteen willing to help beginners. No wonder there are so few homebrewers.

All the Best,
D. White

It would seem after reading thru this thread, that there are few beginners that are looking for help...

@dwhite60 you should add yourself to the list. Anyone who copies the list to paste would not capture your information.

Anyhow, I would also help. North Harnett County/South Wake County NC.

Check the link in my signature for my equipment/process.

It would seem after reading thru this thread, that there are few beginners that are looking for help...

But, people have to know help is available. I read a lot of posts from people with two or three batches done but nothing good and problems through the process.

All the Best,
D. White

I spent a day with an experienced brewer before going AG. Then mentored a few brewers when I lived in Utah, after stepping up myself. I've now been brewing all grain for a few years. I am willing to take some free labor, I mean willing to mentor any North County San Diego brewer in all grain brewing.

Pretty busy these days, but bound to lighten up soon. Totally willing to help when time permits.

Also in Aloha, OR

Might be helpful to know how I can help..
Extract
BIAB
Cider
Kegging/bottling
Beer pong
Video games
Equipment builds

and I'm housebroken

Back