Who's got what

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever comes up on my random play. Currently Mozart's 'Che soave zeffiretto' from 'Le Nozze di Figaro'. Previous to that was some Megadeth, it was a strange transition. :D

Jerry Garcia & Sara
The Tangent
Palo Alto, CA
5/4/1963

Source: likely AUD>R>R>FM>Cass>DAT>CDR

Thanks to Steve Oliver for the discs!

EAC/SHN by [email protected] 12/02

*Disc 1*
+-+-+-+-+

1. Deep Elem
2. Will the Weaver
3. I Will Truly Understand
4. All the Good Times are Passed + Gone
5. Long Black Veil
6. The Man Who Wrote "Home Sweet Home" Never Was a Married Man
7. Keno the Rent Man
8. Foggy Mountain Top

NOTES

: The story about this recording and show goes (according to http://db.
etree.org/lookup_show.php3?shows_key=52986): Jerry And his first wife
Sara a week after wedding. He traded wedding gifts and Sara's guitar
for his new banjo. Recorded by the manager of the club at the time and
aired on KFOG's dead hour.

The Howard Stern Show... though I was cranking Monster Magnet's "Spine Of God" in the car this morning.

Shaggy said:
Jerry Garcia & Sara
The Tangent
Palo Alto, CA
5/4/1963

Source: likely AUD>R>R>FM>Cass>DAT>CDR

Thanks to Steve Oliver for the discs!

Man, I found all these live tapes in a guys basement that I was doing work on years back. The guy had gone on tour with the Dead for something like 5-6 years. He was comletely blown, but these tapes he had were F...ing awesome. He gave me a few and I in turn gave them to my uncle who's got to be the biggest Dead Head I've ever known. Maybe next time I see him I'll get them back...

HAHAHAHA a song that I think everyone on here might enjoy

People Under the Stairs - Tales of a Drunkadelic

If you can, get this track. It's Hip Hop, but not what you might think.

I don't listen to music at work, but I did just transfer my collection of Incubus and Mudvayne to my ipod for the gym today. I haven't heard Fugnus Amungus in a wwhile, I think I will play that...

Oh, and kudos to OP for Jedi Mind Tricks, I forgot about them for a while, need to get back into them and Jus.

Ryan_PA said:
I don't listen to music at work, but I did just transfer my collection of Incubus and Mudvayne to my ipod for the gym today. I haven't heard Fugnus Amungus in a wwhile, I think I will play that...

Oh, and kudos to OP for Jedi Mind Tricks, I forgot about them for a while, need to get back into them and Jus.

Well if your into Jedi then chekc out a group call People under the Stairs. Thier happy hip hop.

Now my playlist has moved onto some rock. Funeral for a Friend - Bullet Theory

:ban:

bradsul said:
Whatever comes up on my random play. Currently Mozart's 'Che soave zeffiretto' from 'Le Nozze di Figaro'. Previous to that was some Megadeth, it was a strange transition. :D

I love random play and the psycho transitions

Finish What You Started - Van Halen
Puff the Magic Dragon - Kids Music
"Spring" from the Four Seasons - Vivaldi
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller
Borg Sex - Joe Satriani (current)

Contemplating my impending (post-tax rebate) switch to all grain and listening to (appropriately)--

Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die :fro:

Also on shuffle this morning, and enjoyed a weird transition from Primus' "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" to Todd Snider's "Beer Run" (Chorus: B-double-E-double-R- U-N, Beer run! All you need is a ten and a fiver, a car and a key and a sober driver...)

Lately it's been the Chili Peppers. Stadium Arcadium is a phenomenal album. Them and The Raconteurs, and some RadioHead.

dirtymike1 said:
Man, I found all these live tapes in a guys basement that I was doing work on years back. The guy had gone on tour with the Dead for something like 5-6 years. He was comletely blown, but these tapes he had were F...ing awesome. He gave me a few and I in turn gave them to my uncle who's got to be the biggest Dead Head I've ever known. Maybe next time I see him I'll get them back...

I love stories like that!
TFS!

:mug:

Just settled into the office and now am listening to:

Brian Setzer '68 Comeback Special
2001-10-04
Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg

FM - silver - pc - cdr - EAC - flac8 - you - (no artwork, taper unknown)

not sure for the tracklist, if something's wrong let me know

Please Don't Touch
This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof
Ignition
Hot Rod Girl
Years, 4 Month, 3 Days
Stray Cat Strut
Drive Like Lightning
Sleepwalk
'59
8 Track
Rooster Rock
Gentle on My Mind'
Old Joe Clark
Black Mountain Rag
Fishnet Stockings
Rock This Town
Hell Bent
Rumble In Brighton
Runaway Boys
Gene & Eddie
applaus ......

removed : nothing
missing : nothing
faded & cut @ : no

Well I'm not a huge Dead Head, but I do like some of thier stuff. I like Pink Flyod and the Doors as far as 60's music goes.

Right on...they def aren't for everyone!
I got hooked on them in my teens (I'll be 34 this year) and was able to see Grateful Dead in about 49 shows and outside at least double that while on the road early 90s to the end. Also caught JGB twice in 91.
Since JG passed in 1995, I still catch all the side projects as they come through locally. Last month caught Bob Weir and Ratdog up in Milwaukee....what a great time!
That being said, theres so much music out there I love.
Love classic rock/oldies, jazz, big band, world, classical, metal, electronic, new age etc. etc.
This morning Brian Setzer seemed a good fit...and this guys style is tops!
It was great to see the Stray Cats last year as they had not toured the US in over a decade at that point. Did see Brian Setzer Orchestra a bunch though over the years.

The last great show I went to was The Machine, a Pink Floyd cover band. It is def. the closest thing I'll ever come to see my favorite band. I've been on a huge hip hop binge these last few weeks, but today I need so hrad rock/ metal. I used to be a big metal head in high school (I'm 22). I still love hrad rock but not the music that I listened to back then. Ahahahah most of it I can't stand anymore actully. I just since my tastes have changed as well as the music that I enjoy playing. But its back to rocking out.

iPod set to shuffle, first song right now is Lyon 6.6.06 (Live) By Red Hot Chili Peppers off of the Tell Me Baby EP

Love Pink Floyd and there are some good covers out there for sure!
I caught "Pink Floyd" at Soldier Field in 94..what a great time! Also have caught Roger and Davids solo tour shows too. The other year it was great since they were both on the road so I caught a show of each within 1 year here in Chicagoland!

I also could not imagine a world without music. It seriously has been a glue to keep me together over the years!

Well for those who are into Pink Flyod, check out a band from Carolina called Minus the Bear. Awesome band, this generations "out-there" rock and roll, like Incubus around Fungus. Give them a listen

Ohh yea, I have to get some Dead Kennedy's when I get home!! I need to get back into the old school punk. Thanks for reminding me man!

Back