Who's doing an Easter brew??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
Getting ready to fire up my 3 Floyds Zombie Dust clone....Anyone else doing an Easter brew?

Woke up early this morning to make an IIPA, didnt realize it was easter until SWMBO woke up and told me. I swear I wouldnt know what year it is without her.

Does Easter +1 count? I have a 14 hour work day today, so I'm doing a Caldera IPA clone tomorrow.

I am doing a Centennial IPA that I have turned into an Easter India Brown Ale by adding 1/4 lb special roast and 1/2 ounce of chocolate malt and 1/2 ounce of black malt to pale ale and c80 grain bill. Batch sparge is almost done!

doing Dry Dock Paragon Apricot Blonde. Was going to do it yesterday, but i was tired after brewing the Irish Red so i cold crashed the yeast starter and started today. Gorgeous day today, too here in the VA!

Mashin here at the moment....three hr mash at 150, with ten pounds of 2 row and 1 Pound of crystal 70 L, with 4 oz of sorachi ace hops equal additions at the 60 30 15 and 0 min boil time. I have Nottingham, s04, s33, and us05 yeast to choose from. I am leaning towards the Nottingham....

Did a Simcoe IPA when I woke up and then made "the dinner." Brewing is definitely the better part of the day compared to cooking; the end product lasts longer, and is way more fun to consume.

Mine was a Good Friday brew day and was definitely a spur of the moment thing! I woke up at around 6AM with the knowledge that I would be bottling my Old Ale, and then the thought hit me, "Why not also brew a porter and lay it down on the yeast cake?" ... so that's what I did. It was a really busy day, but extremely gratifying!

The Old Ale is in storage and the porter is happily fermenting :)

Back