whole grain pizza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnj

Reaction score
Made the flour by grinding the wheat. I did a room temp ferment w/ half the flour and all the water, with a tiny bit of yeast. Next day, I added the rest of the flour, sugar, salt and a bit more yeast. kneeded by hand and shaped the dough balls.
Another six hours of room temp rise. I made the mozzerella cheese while waiting for them to rise. Pizza stone in oven and cranked to high for an hour, which is only 500 degrees.

I paired it with a homebrewed pale ale.

Photo%20Dec%2028%2C%2012%2024%2039%20PM.jpeg

Photo%20Dec%2028%2C%206%2020%2026%20PM.jpeg

Topped with the homemade cheese, a tiny amount of chedder, onion, jalapeno and fresh basil.

I've made hundreds of pizza's with many different dough techniques. This was one of the best flavors in a dough that I have made. I wish my oven could go higher but I also like the challenge of working with the tools I have.

Awesome! I'm going to try to make a pizza soon too! Got a recipe for an easy pizza using grains from brew day? :p

Good looking pizza there!
I like the idea of grinding your own flour. I've made mozzarella many times but not lately.
I made a pizza today myself with dough I made last week. There's a fair amount of molasses in the dough ala Mellow Mushroom, giving it the dark color.
After a week of cold ferment, there was no noticable sweetness in the crust. After baking, the crust was brushed with garlic butter and parmesan.

mm 021.jpg

mm 024.jpg

mm 031.jpg

mm 029.jpg

thanks guys!

cacaman, look at the bottom of this page for ideas on pizza dough made w/ spent grains....

Latest posts

Back