who wants a sandwich

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a Chicago Dog count as a sandwich. If the bun splits on the bottom, it's not really a bun anymore, but two pieces of bread, and it's got more stuff on it than a regular cheeseburger!

Well I'm adding a Bacon and egg roll since its breakfast time so sure hotdogs, burgers and baguettes are all good... No wraps though.:D

The fact that any of you are making your own sandwhiches is atrocious. You don't have a sandwhich maker?

Grilled cheese with manchego and quince paste. Also a good smoked brisket sandwich with smoked provolone and a big ole onion ring is hard to beat.

I loves me a good Cuban sammich. Roast Pork, ham, swiss, spicy mustard and pickles all on a sour dough roll. Mmmm now I'm hungry again.

To me it doesn't get much better than roast beef with pepperjack on one of those garlicky bread things the swmbo buys. Tastes better when she makes it before I ask and have to whip out the belt too.

But if the belt does come out - my sammich is still tasty.

bad67z said:
^^^another of my favorites, but only from the location in the strip district. And only if Toni makes it.

I miss toni. Living out in Philly sucks compared to Pittsburgh. No class out here. If I want fries on my sandwitch with Italian dressing slaw I get the weirdest comments and looks from people.

I miss toni. Living out in Philly sucks compared to Pittsburgh. No class out here. If I want fries on my sandwitch with Italian dressing slaw I get the weirdest comments and looks from people.

I hear ya, but I would hit Reading Terminal and get you one of the sandwiches from Hershel's. I recommend the roman pastrami on rye. You wont be sorry.

The fact that any of you are making your own sandwhiches is atrocious. You don't have a sandwhich maker?

Sometimes, it's a tough choice. If you're traveling and just can't get a proper grilled cheese, what are you choices? Make your own or visit a sandwich shop...

I'd kill for a good grilled cheese right now. I like to add some garlic powder to ketchup for dipping.. mmmm

I hear ya, but I would hit Reading Terminal and get you one of the sandwiches from Hershel's. I recommend the roman pastrami on rye. You wont be sorry.

never been to hershels only to denics. i really wasnt impressed with their rost pork.

I'd kill for a good grilled cheese right now. I like to add some garlic powder to ketchup for dipping.. mmmm

A grilled cheese with grape jelly on the top is pretty wonderful. Also there's nothing more comforting than a peanut butter and bacon sammich on white bread.

How disappointing when I went to bed last night we were 54 posts for 55 reads, now where 58 posts for 582 reads. So out of all those readers only 4 people wanted a sandwich? What has this world come to.....:confused:

Anyhow time for another sandwich, think I'm gonna have a roast chicken and mayo on wholemeal

The sandwich I miss the most, though, is the schwarma from the street vendors we got while my family was in Saudi Arabia years ago. Man those were good.

I'm not going to tell you about the grilled cheese I miss the most.

San Francisco hard salami on a super fresh hard sourdough roll with mayo, mustard, onion, pickle, tomato and lettuce. Let the flavors meld for a few hours, mufaletta style ... doesn't get any better.

Does a taco count as a sandwich? I had tacos for lunch.

Nope no tacos as much as I like them there not really apart of the sandwich genre and on another note I love shwarma too when I was a chef I used to cook it for my dutch mate when he got home sick....

Nope no tacos as much as I like them there not really apart of the sandwich genre and on another note I love shwarma too when I was a chef I used to cook it for my dutch mate when he got home sick....

You could start a whole new thread on tacos.

There's one on hot dogs/sausages somewhere out there.

Today I want pancetta, fresh mozz, ripe tomatoes, basil and some shaved Parmesan. Cracked black pepper and good olive oil on some good crusty bread.

Today I want pancetta, fresh mozz, ripe tomatoes, basil and some shaved Parmesan. Cracked black pepper and good olive oil on some good crusty bread.

Sounds like and awesome pizza, I think I might have to start a pizza thread..... :rockin:

^ even better on a rare steak sandwich with onions, swiss, beetroot, lettuce, fresh mayo and smokey bbq sauce....

Back