Who are you, really? And what were you before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
This is a line from my favorite film "Casablanca". It popped into my head the other day and this line along with Dude's "Let see your ugly mugs thread" inspired this post.

I thought it would be interesting to see how much people have changed through the years. Especially since discovering beer and homebrewing. :drunk:

I know since I discovered the hobby 16 years ago I definitely packed on a few pounds :D

Anyway, here it is "The evolution of a home brewer"

1963 a brewer is born!
Me web.jpeg

as a cool mod in the late 60s (I've yet to achieve "Mod" status again)
Me in the 60s web.jpeg

Ah, the disco years (me on the left with my buddy Tony)
Me late 70s web.jpeg

As a parachute pant wearin' mofo in the 80's (on the right with my buddy Greg)
Me in the 80s web.jpeg

SWMBO and I in London the year before I started homebrewing (I discovered here that beer can have flavor! I never looked back)
Me in the 90s web.jpeg

And finally, 16 years later. Those of you starting out, this is what you have to look forward to (SWMBO still looks great though)
Me in in 2000s web.jpg

Man, I think I may have to hit up my mom for some old pics. I don't even think that I have any of my childhood sitting around the house.

Good stuff, BT.

8a3radf.jpg

Rock and Roll Baby

6ybcwva.jpg

Swim team, 4 years old.

6p526pg.jpg

Sophomore Year, 16 years.....1949 Willys CJ2A in the background. 4 Wheeling in the mountains.

6wp3q6s.jpg

Right when I joined HBT....smoking

8gjhi5d.jpg

me and my sisters getting ready for church

6wncfgn.jpg

Baseball....my last year of Senior League

82ubthz.jpg

on the way to the Monte Carlo Brew Pub (which is no longer a brewery:mad:) for Monday Night Football

I'll have to dig out pictures.
I have a few but naked baby ones. A(And some but naked drunken ones)

These are the earliest I have on my hard drive at present.

The Lake district with SWBBO and the dog (Late teens)
janedavidandkerryontopho3.jpg

A 10 K (Early twenties)
davidrunningbirchwood10tw3.jpg

Now.

This is a royal flush / the royal throne.

It is the Queen Elizabeth suite at tree tops in Africa. It's the queens pooper.

royalthronecr2.jpg

I know I look rough. I'd been in the scrub for 3 days tracking cheetah.

I could have gone my whole life with out seeing that last pic Orfy, Thanks a lot, now i am off to find some eye bleach!

Cheers

orfy said:
I know I look rough. I'd been in the scrub for 3 days tracking cheetah.

I know what you mean. Nothing like a little cheetah tracking to get the old bowels moving. :drunk:

Born and raised in Alabama, this is our xmas card photo one year ( i was 8 or 9, youngest son, bottom left):
xmaspic.jpg

My high school days, trying to be the coool, well dressed hippie. What an akward stage:
highschool.jpg

college pics:
college.jpg

college1.jpg

Hey, Brewtopia!
I love the little "Nehru" shirt. Do you still have that?
Thanks for sending me to this site. I'd post some photos, but I don't have that option on my account. Plus, you'd just find out I'm the same dork I always was! (Or, you'd find out I was always the same dork I am now?)
Can't wait to taste J's new IPA...

Starbuck

Back