White Dust and Leaf Curl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzyfool

Reaction score
Unrelated to the insect post (sorry for having two concurrent posts) I noticed some white dust or specks on the edges of the lower hop leaves today. I tried to rub or scrape it off but couldn't and I have no clue what it is.

I also discovered some of the new leaves towards the top of the plant curling downwards and looking pretty unhealthy on my weaker Centennial plant. In Central NC we got about 5 inches of rain yesterday (yes 5) and I'm wondering if the two are related? I know overwatering or nutrient deficiency can contribute to misshapen leaves.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas based on the pics? Thanks!!!

Photo May 16, 12 58 22 PM.jpg

Photo May 16, 12 58 37 PM.jpg

I saw something similar on my nugget plant. I had rapid growth, then about a week and a half straight of rain. Some of my bines had leaves that were entirety curled in. I had to trim back my bines anyway, so those were the ones that made the cut, so to speak. I'm keeping the 8 strongest bines this year on that one. Good luck.

Back