Whirlpool specs with Falconer's Flight Blend? Time and Temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewing a Pale ale with Falconer's Flight Blend and want to do a hop stand/whirlpool. What's a good temp & time to hold the whirlpool at for these hops to get maximum impact?
Thinking somewhere between 185-160, but not sure.

TD

I've never used those hops before but I always wp @ 180 for about 15 min then allow the temp to drop . Once I start my cfc it drops pretty quick , depending on the water temp of course . I think your plan is fine . Keep us posted on these hops . I'm really curious .

I've used them before and they make for a nice Pale Ale, but I don't recall my steeping schedule.
Kinda been on a brewing hiatus since 2014/early 15. I think there has been much progress in hop research and usage, so without doing any of the heavy lifting was hoping to get some crib notes on what to do.
I use a CFC/Whirlpool combo then run off into ferm tank, so I have a lot of flexibility in steeping/standing/whirpool time and temp.

Well,

Since I didn't get any specific recommendations here is my plan:

Flame Out 1oz, whirlpooled about ten minutes before I got the CFC setup and going and took a few more minutes to drop to 180.

Planned 2.5 whirlpool oz additions
I think I'll do .5 oz at 180,170, 160,150,140 ten minutes each.

TD

Latest posts

Back