While we're on the subject of couplers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have ordered from them before, I had ordered some stainless for setting up my filter. Shipping was average but I got what i wanted all at one time, so no complaints there, if need more fittings that i cant find local then i would definately buy from them again.

I imagine the difference in price is one is manufactured in china and the other here in the states. When I was looking for cam locks one place I called had them for $15 a piece. I laughed and balked saying I could get the same for $3.50 somewhere else. She then said. Oh wait. we can get the china ones too for much cheaper.

I bought the china ones. Have seen no problems so far. I am all for buying american when I can. On this project I could not afford it.

As much as I like to support the American worker, for somethings it can be cost prohibitive. Plus all the stainless plumbing fittings I've gotten from McMaster-Carr, Bargain Fittings, Midwest, Northern Brewer, etc all say China on it.

Lets see how these things work out...

There is a very big difference in quality between manufacturers regardless of country of origin. I have some USA made parts I will not buy due to poor quality control.

exactly. i've been very happy with the parts i've received regardless of their origin (albeit they have all been from china, including the random few parts that arrived from mcmaster carr today).

There is a very big difference in quality between manufacturers regardless of country of origin. I have some USA made parts I will not buy due to poor quality control.

Very well stated. You can't buy steel, stainless that are the same quality as used to be produced here. There really isn't much of a choice now.

Working with a fair amount of fittings and valves in the workplace I third the fact that the manufacturer is more important then the location of production. That being said, there is a great difference in quality among manufacturers.

I am sure all those statements are true. That seems to be the case in most areas. My problem is that same quality two identical pieces sitting side by side. The piece from china will be half the price as the one from here.

We have priced ourselves out of a competitive market place.

completely true.

these parts are supposed to be here on the 22nd. which is perfect since that's the day my vacation starts and i'll finally have the time to finish my brewing system!

7 gallon hlt (stainless steel pot)
10 gallon mlt (home depot cooler)
10 gallon bk (stainless steel pot)

the pots will have heating elements installed in them to assist my gas stove in my apartment.

once this is done it's time to decide if i go the RIMS or HERMS path...

As long as you buy enough to make some of these minimums, it's a decent deal..

Shipping Charges:
Combined products totaling $5000 or more shipping is 1%
Combined products totaling $2000 to $4999.99 shipping is 3%
Combined products totaling $1000 to $1999.99 shipping is 6%
Combined products totaling $999.99 or less shipping is 8%

Processing Charges:
There are NO processing charges with products totaling over $100
No minimum order required - you can place any size order (even a 10 cent item)
Small orders are not profitable, to help compensate, we assess the following:
Combined products totaling $50 to $99.99 have a processing charge of $3.50
Combined products totaling $20 to $49.99 have a processing charge of $4.75
Combined products totaling under $20 have a processing charge of $6.75

In other words, for a $10 part, you'll pay 10 + 6.75 + .80.

Check out http://www.buyfittingsonline.com/Fittings/item6199.htm

totally true. luckily i needed a few unions, nipples and locknuts. i hit $99 something with what i needed so i found the cheapest part i could to throw in there to get over $100 and not pay any minimums. it's already shipped with a ups tracking number too.

Back