Which would you take?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which pill would you take?

• Red Pill

• Blue Pill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Something mentioned in another thread got me thinking of the Matrix....

So.... would you take the blue pill or the red pill?

blue-pill1.jpg
red-pill1.jpg

And if you dont have any idea what I'm talking about, here is a link for you.

http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php

The first time I recall taking the red pill was 36 years ago when I was 13 years old. I've taken that red pill most of the days of my life since then. My oldest coherent memories, in fact, date to the earliest days of my birth at age 13. Everything I experienced before then happened to someone else, and just a few bits and pieces of that one's leftover memories somehow got lodged in my mind and stuck there when he died.

There have been a small number of brief but blissful periods of my life where I retreated to the comfortable numbness afforded by the blue pill. They were always during times of great stress, when I simply had realized too much and needed a mind-numbing rest. But even during those times I was aware that the red pill was there, and I knew that I would be drawn irresistably to taking it again. And so it came to pass, time after time.

In recent years I've come to realize that I cannot live my life without the red pill. It has changed me so much, that now I depend on it; I must have it in order to make it safely and sanely through each day. I do not think I will ever take the blue pill again; I don't think I can now.

Almost nobody takes the red pill, you know. I know the rare ones who do when I meet them, and they are few. I also know that the blue pill takers sometimes imagine that they are taking the red one, but it is just a peculiar color-blindness that afflicts them. They just can't see that the pill they are taking is blue.

I wonder what pill Grace Slick took when she wrote "White Rabbit"?

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small,
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall.
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall,
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call.
Call Alice
When she was just small.
When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low.
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know.
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head. Feed your head. Feed your head"

For all you fans of Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Grace turned 67 on October 30th.

Seriously, life outside the matrix totally sucked ass. There is no way I'd take the red pill unless I was totally unhappy with my current existance.

Blue pill all the way!!

A harsh life of knowledge, freedom, and truth beats an ez life of servitude any day of the week. . . . red pill please. . . make that 2, I'm a bigger guy

I'd hit that, too! Grace Slick, Stevie Nicks, Donna Summer, Nancy Wilson. They all remain ageless in the winding corridors of my fantasy world.

I'd take both pills and let it be a surprise.:rockin:

Dammit! I thought this was going to follow the Jefferson Airplane quote!

Back