which taps do I have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am sure I have perlick 525ss taps.. I just ordered a growler filler for them and it does not fit. it will not insert into the tap. To return it online they want a restocking fee and calling them gets an automated voice mail..... I have the perlick taps with the fancy cursive "P" on the front of the tap.

got an asnwer from the company.. issued a full refund... but I still need a filler.

The perlick growler filler is different than the "standard" growler filler. It's more narrow. The one I ended up special ordering (because the one I bought was too big) was made by krome, part C719 I think: http://www.kromedispense.com/krome_sap.htm

Oh, and yes that sounds like the perlick 525 if it's got the cursive P on the front:
thanks...clicked on your link but couldn't get to where to buy it....anyway I have a growler filler...no idea what size tap it fits...free to a good home.

This what I've ordered and used twice for my 525SS faucets (need some hose too):
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/PERLICK-FAUCET-525SS-GROWLER-FILLER-P3153.aspx

Fits and works a charm for filling from the bottom of the growler. I couple this with a drilled rubber stopper on the faucet to act as a counter pressure device. Though growlers have never been much of a problem for me. It's those pesky 12 oz that cause me so much grief from the faucet without monkeying with pressures and such.

Anyway, hope this helps.

just ordered the one stpug recomended.. the pic beside the filler is my taps exactly so....

If it helps, I have been using a section of the old tubing off my autosiphon. Fits snuggly into the tap and does not leak. Was considering a filler, but they were hard to find for the 525's

Back