which quick disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanooo

Reaction score
Im considering going with quick disconnects. I was wondering if anyone knows the pros and cons between the stainless and the Polysulfone. Between a few online shops and my local shop (baders) I really dont see but a couple dollar difference.

I recently was shopping around for QDs and decided on the Cam lock style over the Poly (I had bought 2 sets of the poly prior to actually making my decision). Cam locks are less expensive then most from my research and highly recommended to me from a few other brewers.

I went with camlocks because they are stainless which will be less likely to break or scratch, and because they are simple mechanically, which means less to break. I suppose I might need to change a gasket sometime in the future but that is easy. They are also a functionally a lot like the triclamps used in pro breweries and easy to cip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

I recommend stainless for their durability and suggest the cam lock style over the traditional quick disconnects. I found that the non-cam lock style disconnects have a tendency to leak especially in areas that are pressurized, like the input / output of a pump.

Back