Which chiller to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splangy

Reaction score
Yah, I know this has probably been asked a million times, but never did I think I would take possession of 3 different types of chillers at the same time.
I picked up this lot on craigslist last night for a reasonable sum :ban: and when I got home I realized there were 3 wort chillers in one of the boxes, an immersion, a hybrid, and counterflow.
sweet.jpg

I am thinking of keeping the counterflow and selling the rest...any reason why I shouldn't? Will I need a pump to use the counterflow chiller?

Thanks

I would keep the CFC and the Immersion... You can used the immersion as a Herms / Rims coils in the future...

And no, you don't need a pump for CFC... I use gravity at the moment and there is no problem...

:mug:

That PVC counterflow is interesting. I saw one similar in my googling that was a diy version. Any details on it and how it works?

That PVC counterflow is interesting. I saw one similar in my googling that was a diy version. Any details on it and how it works?

The ends are sealed so the best I can figure is that there is a coiled copper tube in the PVC jacket, wort in the copper, cooling water through the PVC.

$75 I think you got taken - send it all down to Portland and I will reimburse you $75 + gas!

LOL - nice find the keg already done is worth the $75 +++

Yah, I was stoked just to pick up the 6 cornies for 75, the rest they just threw in with the deal and was pure gravy.

Back