Where's the notch? - Sanke Keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifthplanecomin

Reaction score
And if I dug deeper into some other threads I would have found this golden ticket:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240453

I'm thinking it'll just be easier to remove the ball check and check valve to get fluids and gas in/out.

Removing the stem will provide better cleaning unless I can get an adapter for my coupler to pump in water/starsan at a higher pressure...

If it's an S type, which is the unscrew type, I literally use my D coupler to unscrew it. All my kegs are S type except one. A D coupler works fine on it, and comes in handy when I need to unscrew it

Ummm, isn't that the circlip around the edge of that? Form the pic it looks like a standard North American D type held in by a circlip.
Could just be the pic

I ran a thinner blade screwdriver around the lip and couldn't catch anything. I didn't really dig hard as I didn't want to damage the lip prying at it. Just odd not to see a standard notch. I was able to remove my ball check from my connector to get some starsan in there to swirl it around and drained it out from the gas in with the check valve removed...Hopefully after it gets used I'll figure out a sufficient way to clean it out with better pressure.

Seem like D to me. I'm no expert but my D coupler fits fine on it and gets liquid and gas in/out without leaks.

I'll first test it with some pop at a higher pressure to be sure.

I'd bet a 6 pack it's an S just from the name on the side of the keg

Aysberg Pivasi doesn't sound like an American brewery to me :)

"Iceberg Beer" is from Azerbaijan.

It would be the first S type that I've seen with a ball/washer where a D type coupler worked on it fine.

Latest posts

Back