Where to get a keg and for how much $?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeonderdonk

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for an old keg to turn into a keggle. Where have you had success finding Kegs and how much did it run you?

Try Craigslist, they pop-up all the time in most areas. Or your local scrap yard.

I'd expect to pay anywhere from free to 40 dollars or so, others can chime in on this!

This is a hot topic. I would mention in the Original post that you don't care about teh ethics behind buying a used keg or you will get many posts. If you care about that, you are looking at over $100 for obtaining a keg.

If not, I'd say go with your local college if you have one. or ask friends. OR buy a keg and throw a big party with friends, then just forfeit your deposit.

My point. There are already enough ethics debates on this on this forum. This guy just wants to know where we get them. Let's leave the debates in the other threads already done.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

The Chi company sells them (legally) for $89 without shipping.... Not too bad if you're ethically bound :)
Otherwise steal them from a Fr*t house at 6am.

Back