Where to find hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBiermann

Reaction score
So hop shortages aside, why cant I find anyone selling hops at volumes of greater than 1lb? It seems pointless to buy them in 1oz packages if I plan on brewing rather frequently at 1/2 bbl capacity yet availability seems to be nil. Can just anyone get an account at hopunion?

Cheers,

JB

nikobrew. There's even a sale right now on 1 lb increments in select varieties. Sounds like you're talking crazy quantity though. If you're going that big, maybe find a way to link up with a local micro brewery or something so you can get access to bulk.

So hop shortages aside, why cant I find anyone selling hops at volumes of greater than 1lb? It seems pointless to buy them in 1oz packages if I plan on brewing rather frequently at 1/2 bbl capacity yet availability seems to be nil. Can just anyone get an account at hopunion?

Cheers,

JB

Are you planning to go pro or do you just brew a lot? Either way is fine :) On some varieties I offer discounts for buying 5 pounds at a time as well. Right now with the sale I've got going for the varieties that are $10/lb are better to get single pounds rather than 5 at a time anyway, but after the sale that won't be the case (ends Tuesday 7/31 at 10am MST). Right now we have 10 varieties at $10/lb which is the best deal I've seen anywhere on these varieties, and $5 to ship any amount.

If you do go pro let me know. I do offer wholesale pricing for professional homebrewers and homebrew shop owners. A lot of breweries especially just starting out don't want 11 or 44 pounds of each variety they use, so we offer wholesale pricing for single pounds as well. For limited supply varieties though we don't have wholesale pricing, stuff like Simcoe, Amarillo, and Nelson Sauvin.

Cheers!

Back