Where to buy Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weaks

Reaction score
So I have been looking to get more hop plants and don't know what would be best Rhizomes or the actual plants. I have found a place that sells the plants www.highhops.net. Has anyone bought from them and what is your thought on the subject? Plants vs. rhizomes? Any advise is much appreciated.

I have not but that sounds interesting. I tried the rhizomes this year with no luck. I just don't have the greenest thumb.

Rhizomes!
The emerging bines are actually more fragile especially to ship.

Now if you live in Windsor and can go down in March and pick out your plants then you have a better chance of a viable season

Go with a rhizome, but its a long-term hobby (hoppy?). You won't get very much yield the first year. Make sure you plant them where they get full sun all day.

I have heard of them. I would think it would give you a jump on the season but they are fragile while young so I don't know how well they hold up in shipment. A huge rhizome would probably do as well but you can't buy them big as far as I know (that's where friends and local hop growers come in).

Back