when to harvest with mite problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F_R_O_G

Reaction score
I'm getting pretty close to harvesting. withing a week I think some hops will be ready. but I have a spider mite problem about a third the hop plant has spider mites. looks like this
bug3.jpg
(obviously not my hops but it's just like this)
the other part is fine but there spreading. i sprayed them with a soap water then with a hard spray from the hose. I think I'll spray a 1/1 alcohol/water tomorrow. is there anything else i can do to keep the mites at bay? I just need another 2 weeks to harvest all the hops. btw, I live in the marijuana capital of the US (Seattle) so i doubt any food safe spray would work.

what should I do,
1 leave it the mites won't kill the plant/be a problem before harvest
2 spray with alcohol/water
3 more soap spray
4 other?
5 harvest early

4) Hit the pipe and forget about it, ha!

Honestly, how do the cones look? If the damage is just confined to the lower leaves you may be fine as it usually takes a while for them to move upward (unless it's very hot and dry). I've only had to deal with them (bad) in one growing season and by the time I decided to do something about them, it was too late. I'd say to just keep hitting them with the soapy water for now.

Latest posts

Back