when to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishoe

Reaction score
i have a killkenny kit ale in my fermentor at present, it's been their for 3 weeks the air lock is bubbling every 5-6 mins, the s/g reading have not changed for 4 days now 1016, getting worried what should i do bottle or leave it longer :)

Has the temp been changing a lot where it is? If the sg has not changed over the course of a few days it is likely done fermenting and just releasing co2 from the solution because of temp changes.

not really it's been around 15 c most of the time could be getting a bit lower over night

what ya reckon bottle it :rockin:

Usually after 3 weeks in the fermenter you can bottle but it may depend on the style your brewing and ferm temps, and yeast used, and etc.

+2 on the release of CO2 at this time.

For future reference wait till week 2 or 3, which ever you prefer and depending on you style of brew. Take readings for 3 straight days and if the FG hasn't dropped and has remained the same then go ahead and bottle. You also need to be aware of what the FG reading should be. Depending on your yeast used and your ferm temps those are the factors that will determine where your FG should be.

Back