when is time to give up on rhizome?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amin

Reaction score
well as i post while back my cascade rhizome grow up in monstrous speed:rockin:

but few other types i wasnt so lucky willamette/centennial/magnum still doesnt show any sign what so ever! :(

should i wait or digup check whats going on under?

i appreciate any insight

thanks

How long ago were the others planted and how deep did you plant them? I bought two different rhizomes and they took about 3-4 weeks for any sprouts to pop up out of the dirt. Now they are about to take off. I was getting nervous to so I very very carefully brushed a little dirt back off the planting site to check out for any signs of life and saw they were coming so brushed the dirt back over them.

I think weather, depth and how long ago they were planted all are factors that will play into how long they'll take to show life.

yes first year rhizomes and its been about 1 month after i planted them i planted in same time
this is my cascade now others didnt grow at all :( :smack:

cascade.jpg

they all planted in same dept very near surface,

and they are all near each other they get same amount of water/sun ....

i dug up columbus rhizome seems all rooted black im not sure its dead black or grab dirt color :( ...

i moved it to other pot i had see how it goes there

How long ago were the others planted and how deep did you plant them? I bought two different rhizomes and they took about 3-4 weeks for any sprouts to pop up out of the dirt. Now they are about to take off. I was getting nervous to so I very very carefully brushed a little dirt back off the planting site to check out for any signs of life and saw they were coming so brushed the dirt back over them.

I think weather, depth and how long ago they were planted all are factors that will play into how long they'll take to show life.

Where are you located and what type of soil are they in (dirt from the yard vs. potting soil)?

I'd be patient. My cascades grow like they are on steroids and my Mt. Hoods/Nuggets look puny in comparison. I'm my experience Cascade is just a good grower for my area. Perhaps you have a similar situation

i don't live in US i live in IRAN and cant say rest since i still need my head on my shoulder ;)

as matter of soil: pot soil is mixed of coco peat compost and regular soil

its sad i really hoped i out of 5 varieties at least few of them grow :(
but ok i stay patient and hops for the best :cross:

Where are you located and what type of soil are they in (dirt from the yard vs. potting soil)?

I'd be patient. My cascades grow like they are on steroids and my Mt. Hoods/Nuggets look puny in comparison. I'm my experience Cascade is just a good grower for my area. Perhaps you have a similar situation

i don't live in US i live in IRAN and cant say rest since i still need my head on my shoulder ;)

If it were me, I would make it my top priority to leave Iran. I wouldn't spend any money on beer or ingredients; I would save it all for my "get the hell out of Iran" fund.

Regarding the hops, I would imagine that the Iranian climate is not ideal for growing hops. Cascade is hardier than most varieties, which is probably why it is the only one that survived.

Lol brew and sell is part of running away from this crazy government my friend, well its risky for sure coz if even u have 1 glass of beer with u they lash u 80 times!
But im willing to take this risk to save some money to get out of here before i go nuts

Funny we were just talking about this.... In the day or two since my post, my other two hops have exploded. Either they like growing later in the season on they love the extra heat they got the last few days.

Oh thats cool, grtaz im not sure about heat coz its quiet warm summer here
Well i spray water and wait for time being, as matter of my cascade lol it kinda remind me of jack magic beans never seen any plant grow this fast. Ever :-o

well project of jack and magic beans continues .... first on on right is Centennial, then Marvelous cascade ....

and on left side smudge Willamette :cross:

they planted in same time!

so i wonder whats going on with Willamette anyone can help out is there anyway to CPR this poor Willamette? :confused:

hops.jpg

Back