What's Your Most Absurd, Wierd or Inappropriate Name for a Beer in Competition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherBock

Reaction score
Just curious....the names of beers, after a competition is over, are posted alongside the winners. As is my immature, school-boy humor I'm considering entering some beers with horrifically inappropriate names, with my fingers crossed that I'll make it to the winners board. Kinda like when you go the bowling alley or an arcade machine and you only have three letters to make your friends laugh.

I know there are all kinds of beers (commercial and otherwise) that make full use of double entendres and sexual innuendo. My thought was to skip the innuendo and go straight to the crass and childish, perhaps with little to no relation to the beer style. Ex: Instead of something like "Dirty Blonde Bombshell" you kick it up a notch with "C*ck Gobbler Blonde Ale." Obviously we could take it to a much higher level.

But I'm curious, what has the HBT community done? What will the judges think? Will they laugh....refuse to post my name publically?

I want to hear what you've entered and how weird or raunchy you got. Mostly I just want to know that others have thought about or done this.

How can you pick just one? Microbrews outdo even lame hot sauces when it comes to stupid product names. I'm thinking of a possible celebrity endorsement deal. How about Lil' Wayne's Sweaty Balls Malt Liquor? ;)

Well, my saison is called "Too Damn Hot", which is vaguely scandalous due to light swearing. I'm working on a beer right now for the winter and fall that might get entered into a competition called "I Hate My Family"; a play on the fact that I'm only brewing it when cranberries are in season, making it ready approximately when Thanksgiving and Christmas rolls around.

My brother is currently working on a recipe for what he wants to call the "make you wanna nut brown ale"

About 20 years ago, I heard a series of commercials for a cider. I have no idea if this was actually a real cider or if they were advertising for something else, but the name was great.

Hot Dickens Cider

Latest posts

Back