what's wrong with this? if anything

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacob1484

Reaction score
not sure where to put this since it isnt exactly cider(?).
I started this cran-pineapple.. i've been calling it kindacider(?).. about 8 days ago with just cranberry and pineapple juice and pitched montrachet yeast. It took off within 4 hours and went like mad for 3 or 4 days. After it slowed I noticed this: (terrible picture of white stuff growing on the surface)
IMG_0809sm.jpg

and today this:
IMG_0813sm.jpg

it also smells like dead crawfish ass (sulphury rotten egg nasty etc).

so what is this crap around the neck of my bottle? bad bacteria? termites (haha) ?

not sure where to put this since it isnt exactly cider(?).
I started this cran-pineapple.. i've been calling it kindacider(?).. about 8 days ago with just cranberry and pineapple juice and pitched montrachet yeast. It took off within 4 hours and went like mad for 3 or 4 days. After it slowed I noticed this: (terrible picture of white stuff growing on the surface)
IMG_0809sm.jpg

and today this:
IMG_0813sm.jpg

it also smells like dead crawfish ass (sulphury rotten egg nasty etc).

so what is this crap around the neck of my bottle? bad bacteria? termites (haha) ?
Mmm. The smell typically comes from stressed yeast, if i understand correctly. Did you take gravity yet?

Back