What's the nastiest SMELLING treat your dog loves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misplaced_Canuck

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
NE Columbia SC - Formerly, Montreal Canada
My two Aussies are friggin' bonkers for cow hooves. I like them because they last a long time, but MAN do they stink of cow sh*t.

I'm sitting here reading HBT, having a MASS of Kolsch beer (who cares about the glass, I'm not German), and Barley is chewing a cow hoof and it smells like *I* just covered myself in cow manure. [His snout is about 3 feet from my nose. Like kitchen table to floor].

Damn that sh*t is nasty.

MC

Cow hoove hands down. I'd rather he fsrt all day then thst.

Try living on a ranch with real cow and horse crap. Get a dog that decides its a good idea to roll in one, the other, or both. Even worse is when they find a dead critter or skunk to "play" with. Bet you guys would choose to chew on those cow hooves yourself.

If a treat smells as bad as any of that I wouldn't give it to anybody in my kennel. Of course a treat for my dogs is a sugar cube when they earn it. Just enough to reward but keep them working.

Try living on a ranch with real cow and horse crap. Get a dog that decides its a good idea to roll in one, the other, or both. Even worse is when they find a dead critter or skunk to "play" with. Bet you guys would choose to chew on those cow hooves yourself.

If a treat smells as bad as any of that I wouldn't give it to anybody in my kennel. Of course a treat for my dogs is a sugar cube when they earn it. Just enough to reward but keep them working.

I can deal with farm stuff. Cat crap now that's a smell that knocks me out. My dog found a dead trout today and yes he decided that he was going out on the town later and needed to freshen up.

cat poop. I win teh interwebz.

While I agree that a dog eating that is gross, I'm not so sure that it SMELLS as bad as cow hooves.

A few weeks ago I took a week-end trip to Canada (hence my alias :D), and I put a few pig bones out in the yard to keep them busy if my neighbor leaves them out. One of them appeared to be a pig spine (cooked, but with some dry meat on it).

Fast forward to a week later, I decide to cut the grass. I saw the pig spine, moved it to the deck (as to not mow it) but it left an impression of meat/fat/God-knows-what in the grass. Later I saw Barley sniffing the spot, and 10 minutes later, he comes back and reeks of dead pig. You guessed it, Barley decided to roll in it. Dang that was nasty.

He got a free immediate shower, which, I actually call a "Mash" since his name is Barley.

MC

There's nothing quite like the smell of a dog snacking on a fresh wet cat turd. I still get dry heaves thinking about it.

Our Lab lets the nastiest farts! I think she also finds the Tootsie Rolls the cats leave outside, but she's usually tied up, so who knows.

But it's quite common for us to kick her ass out of the room with our hands over our mouths gagging.

And I think the smell of cow dung is not that bad...

Our lab chews on half-rotted compost. Then rolls in it. Rancid, rotting food is pretty much awful.

Deer poop is ok with me ill take that smell. I have no idea why Barley rolls in cat poop, came running into the house a while back just head to toe in a long streak of cat poop. It was a fun game of trying to keep from puking and covering the nose and not pass out, balanced with chasing the dog out of the house without him touching anything.

The best was me coming home to my wife brushing his teeth one day, asked her why and she just opened his mouth to the gold mine of Kitty Rocca packed in his teeth. GAH! i just shivered something fierce.

I know its not a stinky treat but I was appalled to learn that upon adopting a dog recently my brother was required to sign a paper saying they would not give the dog rawhide chews. Really? No rawhide?

My lab is pretty good about not eating some things- but he can't resist deer poop. He'll eat it, roll in it, eat some more. Gak!

Heh, every dog knows that infant's diapers hold the most exquisite delicacies, its the infant formula that makes the flavor. :p

Our Lab lets out room clearing farts after eating dead fish that wash up.

There's nothing quite like the smell of a dog snacking on a fresh wet cat turd. I still get dry heaves thinking about it.

It's nice to know I'm not alone!!! My beagle will snatch a cat turd any chance she gets.

Back