What's on top of your Fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took an inventory>
A cooking pot, dust, A post-it note pad, dust, paper towel roll, (almost empty) A tea pot, and a beer can cooler from 1993.

Does a built in fridge with a cabinet on top count?
Cast iron skillets, ice cube trays, water filter cartridges and some dust.

Oh, just in case you don't believe me about the beer can cooler. Here's a pic.

002.jpg

A basket of where the hell do they go chargers... assorted Chinese menus, and more friggin' coupons that are expired ..... but thats just me ... :beard:

The Beer fridge has the drawers and shelves that I took out the get the kegs in.
The food fridge has cutting boards, Microwave turntable, pitchers, blender, a bowl and colander set, a jug of vinegar and of course DUST!

Dust, dog chews, stock pot, dust, old insulated lunch bag, boxes of Cheerios, Rice Krispies, & Honey Bunches of Oats, dust, and an old box of waffle cones (they were a good idea at the time.

...I think there's something else in the back there, but I'm not going to open that can of worms right now.

Small collection of large bowls.
Small selection of smaller bowls.
Wicker basket
Several kid's themed lap trays for when they are (were) sick
Bags of chips
Chip Clips

Probably other things, but that's what I know off the top of my head.

Was going to ask "which fridge" but that has already been asked.

Upstairs fridge - roomates keep a 2 gallon jug of oilve oil, and some assorted other crap up there
Downstairs fridge - Nothing, hasnt been in place long enough to have accumulated anything and there is a cabinet (empty above it)
Keezer - Beer glasses
1970s era fridge - The stairs to upstairs is taking up half of the space, otherwise a few collapsed empty 6 pack holders and a box of light bulbs.
Old downstairs/new garage beer/hop fridge - paper towels, a paint drop cloth, and a speaker for the garage stereo
Ferm chamber freezer - 2 empty fermenters and a wrench (dont ask me how I know there is a wrench there. There just is.

We have a cubby hole under the cabinets next to a short wall by the door to the garage for the fridge. got a new one a couple years ago, so my Renault GTP model in a shallow box of paints, etc got moved. A George Foreman grill is lying up there getting dusty. Gotta clean it up & start make focaccia & use it for panini's.

Small trash can full of pop tabs (collected for kids school), a tupperware full of box tops (again, a school thing), a couple wood serving trays, pencil sharpener, and a fly swatter.

A basket of grocery sacks, a box of little packs of chips, a meat mallet we have to hide from the boy, a ten foot coil of tubing I thought I could use to replace the water line in the door (can't get the old one out), my digital scale...I think that's it.

1 box each of the following:

Trix
Lucky Charms
Spongebob Cereal

1 Giant bag of "On the border" tortilla chips.

1 container vanilla protein powder

1 Bottle Bacardi O. I think it's a 1.75 this time (wife's drink).

1 Bottle Bombay Sapphire, 1 liter

A disused toaster, a mostly-empty bucket of leftover Halloween candy from 2014, and a thriving colony of dust bunnies.

Being 6'5", I *can* see the top of my fridge. And so I'm a stickler about making sure that thing is dusted, even though I'm the only one who notices.

I'm short-ish at 5'9". Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm too short to really see, but I know that there are dog treats and bones in a basket that I can barely reach, along with my husbands constant collection of used (and cleaned) ziploc bags. He puts them up there to finish drying, I assume. When there are so many up there I can see them piling up, I take them down and stuff them in a cupboard. He then starts the process over.

So- ziploc bags all over up there, in various stages, and dog bones in a little basket. That's it.

1 bottle each of dark sesame oil, avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shaoxing wine, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Famous Dave's apricot/bourbon BBQ sauce, KC. Masterpiece original BBQ sauce. There's also a couple of plastic ice cube trays & a wire shelf that were taking up space in the freezer, a 4pk of empty McEwan's bottles, a grill stone & 1/2 a loaf of bread.
Regards, GF.

A couple of the wife's insulated lunch-totin' bags (different patterns), a straighten'd out coat hanger for retrieving dropped items and a fly swatter.

I always thought the top of my fridge was a secret place, that only I knew what was up there.

Then I forgot what was up there.

Another fridge! I have a small dorm fridge I use to keep my rinsed yeast and special beers in. You know, the beer you don't want to be drank by a friend before you can stop him from opening it! I have a couple bottles of damnation and Rochefort #8. Hard to get here in Erie Pa! So technically I have some really good beer on top of my fridge.

looking for stray ice

How does that happen?

I have a cabinet above mine allowing just a few inches between the fridge and cabinet, so I keep the following items in that space:

• canvas grocery bags
  • 10" cast iron skillet
  • 10" nonstick skillet (my "good one")
  • 1 1/2" roll of masking tape
  • black sharpie

Kitchen fridge: A bottle of Power's Irish Whiskey, a loaf of 9 grain bread, takeout menus.

Beer Fridge: A sweet looking fern.

Upright keggerator: A collection of growlers from MN breweries.

Lazy susan of spices, a pitcher, a box of cereal, a shaker bottle, and assorted brewing ingredients that I use most often

Latest posts

Back