What's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
I have two batches planned for this weekend....my 2nd and 3rd all grain brews; Coffee stout and another IPA.:mug:

What do y'all have planned? Any special mother's day brews?

I'm not exactly brewing, but I plan on starting up a batch of Apfelwein this weekend.

I have a busy beer weekend planned, the weather is supposed to be really nice (~20C) and I want to take advantage. Doing a hefeweizen Saturday morning and the BYO Guinness clone Saturday afternoon. Sunday I'm making an American-style IPA and also bottling an English-style IPA. Going to squeeze in some fishing too since Northern Pike season opens up here this weekend.

Hobgoblin Ale / AG for me, moma dont like GOOD beer....Mic Ultra light..:confused:

bradsul said:
I have a busy beer weekend planned, the weather is supposed to be really nice (~20C) and I want to take advantage. Doing a hefeweizen Saturday morning and the BYO Guinness clone Saturday afternoon. Sunday I'm making an American-style IPA and also bottling an English-style IPA. Going to squeeze in some fishing too since Northern Pike season opens up here this weekend.

busy is right!

I will be sampling the fruits of my first AG effort while brewing this weekend...rather anxious to see how it turned out.

Are you doing the BYO with the soured batch addition?

I'll probably brew something, but first I have a 90 year old piano to bust up with a sledge hammer because I can't find anyone to take it off my hands...no interest from freecycle or craigslist...the price is FREE! :D

brewt00l said:
busy is right!

I will be sampling the fruits of my first AG effort while brewing this weekend...rather anxious to see how it turned out.

Are you doing the BYO with the soured batch addition?
No I'm doing the draught clone, not the foreign extra stout. I actually never much cared for that beer (not that I'd turn one down :) ).

bradsul said:
No I'm doing the draught clone, not the foreign extra stout. I actually never much cared for that beer (not that I'd turn one down :) ).

I picked up the last 150 clone brews but haven't brewed anything out of it yet...there are plenty of good ones to choose from though.

Good brewing to all that are brewing!

This is really sad... but I have two empty carboys siting in my garage right now... so i plan on brewing two batches tomorrow.

Gonna do a wheat beer.... Something I can get away with botteling next weekend without secondary.

And something else undecded that I'll rack to secondary next weekend after botteling the wheat. Im possibly a blonde... prob wont decide till i get to the LHBS...

Plans are to rack my first ever batch to secondary, then brew a double chocolate stout kit as well as my 2nd batch of Apfelwein. I just started, and already I think I need more carboys. Its an addiction!

I'll be brewing another batch of 777 Rye IPA. Back to back 2.5 gallon all grain batches to fill one fermentor. It's what I have to do in my little condo since I can't do a full wort boil on my stovetop. Then up early tomorrow morning to head down to Portland for Fred Fest.

I am doing a honey blonde ale tomorrow. I was concerned with the temp here getting higher by the day messing with my primary fermentation, and finally decided to hell with it - I'll crank down the A/C - it's worth the extra $$ on the electric bill to be able to continue my obsession...... BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA..........

Well if I can brew tomorrow, then probably a amber to dark belgian type beer. Otherwise I will brew on Monday.

Still trying to figure out what exactly I am brewing. I have a pils conditoning, a hefe fermenting and I want something with some OOMPH! Flavor, color and alchohol. Though I have no beligain yeast so I may just use safbrew 33 brewed on the warm end of the scale. Wish I at least had some T-58.

EIther that or an amber IPA like beer.

I'm going to try BierMuncher's Belgium Blonde Ale. Looks like a great recipe.
I'm just concerned about my yeast starter. The WLP400 yst vial had a strange
smell to it. Don't know if that's normal with this yeast.

Batch 1, the stout, is in the primary. My second AG and formulated the recipe based on my efficiency from the first batch, which I overshot by a good bit. Tomorrow I am brewing the IPA and if my efficiency holds out, wow momma, it's gonna pack ummph.

Sampled my first AG and it is still a bit green with a little more hoppy flavor than I expected based on the recipe....gonna have to go back and look at that one again.

I'm splitting my time between cutting weeds and cussing at the RV's electrical system. With a break to attend a BD party for a fellow homebrewer.

I'm excited... Getting up early tomorrow, and brewing the Dogfish Head 90min. Clone out of BYO!!! My LHBS (Homebrew Heaven) converted it to a extract recipe for me.
I hope it turns out ok!?!?!

:mug:

I too am brewing a clone recipe from BYO this month. Sanctification by Russian River. I am really excited about it.
And that Roch 8 clone recipe that's on the web where the euro club had a competition, and the winning recipe was posted. That one.
These are my first real clones where I'm really trying to stick EXACTLY to the recipe. Only problem is the yeast for the Roch 8 - HBS didn't have Wy's Abbey II, so I used WhiteLabs' Abbey Ale. Hope it won't mess it up too much .

Brewed another hefe yesterday, my keg is getting dangerously low. I used first wort hopping this time rather than adding at the 60 minute mark to see how it turns out differently. Grand total time spent was about 9 hours, but I did decoction. A buddy came over and we smoked a shisha while the boil was going on. Pretty good day excepting the aching feet afterwards.

Had my first boil over yesterday, though... I caught it before it made much of a mess on the stove though.

My efficiency held out to the tune of another near 80% on the IPA...which crossed into DIPA/IIPA territory as a result. The summit/simcoe additions created a massive hop aroma in the garage....this one is going to be a beast.

By Sunday AM the coffee stout was fermenting so hard that the lid on my pail appeared ready to shoot skyward even with a blow off tube in place of the airlock.

Sounds like everyone else brewed some good stuff this weekend!

took the weekend off. didn't bottle, didn't rack, didn't do anything. didn't even drink a homebrew(miller highlife :cross: )

Nothing for me, but moved some stuff around. I want to brew an orange blossom Hefe soon and an AG Hoegaarden. Got the MIL coming into town this weekend, so I don't know if I'll be able to get to it. And my Mem. Day weekend, which was supposed to include a brewday at Rd's, now is getting cramped. Pops wants a home theater and needs me to pick it out for him.

Back