What's Brewing This Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barleywine! Doing a 10 gallon batch and maxxing out my sanke MLT. This will be my first brew in about a month, so I'm stoked. Also, I'm going to be brewing with Caspio at his place. But wait! There's more! 2x TriTip BBQ, plus we'll have 2 smokers going non-stop today making up some beef jerky. WooHoo! Extreme meatiness!!!

Yummy, you can't beat that!!

I got to Rototill my front yard today. But Tommorow I plan on brewing a Pliney the Elder clone, I gotta get my new IC cleaned up though, hopefully BKF will do the trick.

dang! how long does it take you to pack all that stuff back up?!:D

Not too bad actually. My brew was chilled and in carboys by 1:45...and I cleaned up, pulled the beef jerky out of the smoker, and loaded up the car before 3:00. Now I'm home and everything is put away. A bit of work to haul everything across town, but had a hell of a time. Ended up getting a bit over 1.098 for my starting gravity, which puts me at 67% efficiency...not bad for a big a$$ 40# grain bill! Now I just have to wait until winter to drink it :(.

Yummy, you can't beat that!!

I got to Rototill my front yard today. But Tommorow I plan on brewing a Pliney the Elder clone, I gotta get my new IC cleaned up though, hopefully BKF will do the trick.

Nice! Pliny is a great brew...let me know how that one turns out, or better yet bring it down to a club meeting in Chico. Cheers!

Here's the result of my brewday. Evil Twin has been described as being blood red, but it seems more mahogany to me. There is some hop residue floating around in the hydro sample so maybe after fermentation and clearing it will be redder. Either way, 5 oz of hops in the last 20 minutes and an ounce I'll be dry hopping with in secondary will make this red very hoppy!

3454237236_e218540c76.jpg

Dark Amber Lager, mostly grain. Kind of a Vienna style, it does have some Vienna malt, at least.

This was a "leftover" brew. I used up the scraps of grain left over from several other brews. The wort has a nice, dark malty smell, so my hopes are high.

Brewing up a Cascade/Columbus pale ale on a Golden Promise base tomorrow. Should be ready right before the really hot weather gets here.

Kolsch.

No starter. Two week old smack pack (I mean two weeks from factory). Pitched at 3:00 O'clock yeaterday afternoon and already pumping away this morning.

Rudeboy

I played hooky Friday and brewed a 1.088 Belgian Golden Strong and then brewed a 1.068 Foreign Extra Stout yesterday. The bathroom where they are both fermenting has an...interesting...aroma.:drunk: Roasty funk I tell ya.

Brewing a Cream Ale This weekend, my 2nd batch of beer and my first post haha, Cheers!

Brewing 10 gals of a Lagunitas IPA AG clone and 5 gals of a Kolsch extract.

I wish I could get my hydro samples to be that pretty and clear.....

think I am going to pick up one of the paint strainer bags for my next brew.....

Now to figure out if I am going to use it for a hops bag or do the put it around the chiller and siphon from the middle of it technique to filter out some of the hops and trub....

I hope to do a 5 gallon Magic Hat #9 clone. I keep putting off the Belgian Honey. I know, the sooner I get started, the sooner it will be ready to drink.

I am finally gonna try this "Apfelwein" thing people keep talking about. I never heard about it before joining HBT, but $20 for some popular suds sounds good to me!

Also going to the local Homebrew Club event and coming home with 5gal of whatever all mash is being made. I am looking forward to that, because it will be my first time seeing an all grain mash being made!

I might have a double brew weekend. Saturday starts off at 8:15 with me stewerding our club's Big and Huge homebrew competition. Then I might brew up a roggenbier since I have a hefe that needs bottling (hurray for reusing yeast). Sunday a club member is having a brew-in, so if I don't get to the roggen, I'll brew that. Otherwise I've got a pale ale recipe of my own I'm working on.

I just picked up the grain bill for my house IRA. It'll be my first time kegging, so I'm stoked. Let's hear it for no more bottle washing!! :rockin:

Back