What would you do with . . . ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
laser etched pint glasses? too much laser for that?

I hate to burst your bubble but you won't be cutting metal of any kind with either of those lasers. The FiberMark will etch metal and that's the extent of it's capabilities, the Co2 laser wont make a mark on metal without a marking sution applied first (very expensive stuff I might add). It will how ever cut anything non-reflective. If you want decent resolution it'll cut 1/32" deep about at fast as an inkjet printer would print the same image. I've done intricate patterns for signage that are about 12" diameter and the take about 45 min each. I wouldn't cut anything over 1/4" thick. I use one alot to make a template of the shape I want out of acrylic and then use a router with a pattern bit to make the actual piece out of wood. Ive even done the nucleation point in the bottom of a pint glass with some success, but the image gets blurred as the laser head is too far from the work surface to focus properly. Who ever makes Sam Adams glasses must have one he'll of a laser.

Back