What type of fermenter do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
millstone said:
I also use a Vittles Vault, mine is a bit smaller, 50#. Holds 13 gallons at the rim.

tom

Me too! I got 2 when they were on sale--great fermenters!

I use 5 gallon carboys for beer, 6.5 gallon bucket for mead primary (easier to muck around in with additions, feedings, whatever)/secondary in 5 gallon glass carboy. I brewed a LOT years back, never ever had a sanitization nor breaking problem with glass carboys....with the added bonus that it just plain looks the best, imho ;)

13.2g sanke kegs here. And a 8g mini brew conicle and a few buckets. My glass doesnt get used much anymore unless im adding some bourbon and oak.

I make 3 gallon batches. I use 3.5 gallon food grade buckets I got at a restaurant supply store. I keep 2 full. I have about 5 or 6 and I use them for just about eveything. Mixing sanitizer, carrying crushed grain from the LHBS, etc...

My Cooper's Microbrew fermenter is still in great shape & used regularly. I tossed my Ale Pail due to a bad infection. I replaced it with a 7.9G shorty bucket that has a lid seal as well,the same as my bottling bucket. both buckets have the Italian red & white spigot. And a 6 gallon better bottle I traded a member a bunch of new & like new Cooper's PET bottles for. I use the BB for the ocassional secondary,but could do a 5 gallon batch in it as well if needs be. Just install a blow off on it & have 3 batches going at once.

Latest posts

Back