What type of beer is heineken, so I can stay away

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm really surprised some anti-snob snob/hipster hasn't come to heinekin's rescue yet?

Ask.....and you shall recieve!

These threads are annoying, I used to drink Becks, Heine, etc all the time without it being skunked. I'd take any Euro lager/pilsner over the american counterpart if I am out in the yard doing some work. In fact, I still do.

Urquell is an amazing beer in this "skunk" catagory, and played a major part in the history of beer. If you don't like this catagory of beer, don't drink it. But saying its all skunked and tastes like piss only does two things: Get you a thumbs up from the hipster hophead crowd and show that you have a weak palete when it comes to beer.

These threads are annoying, I used to drink Becks, Heine, etc all the time without it being skunked. I'd take any Euro lager/pilsner over the american counterpart if I am out in the yard doing some work. In fact, I still do.

Urquell is an amazing beer in this "skunk" catagory, and played a major part in the history of beer. If you don't like this catagory of beer, don't drink it. But saying its all skunked and tastes like piss only does two things: Get you a thumbs up from the hipster hophead crowd and show that you are realy good at being ignorant and stereotyping a beer catagory

Amen brother

I watched a episode about Heineken brewery on a show called biggest factory's on History channel. The history behind the very old brew was interesting. But I was very surprised to see them storing a very large amount of pallets of beer OUTSIDE in the sun for days before a semi truck loaded them for transport. I would think they would be concerned about rain and the sun. Does it not rain much there? They had no covering over them. I thought of this thread when watching..

Back