What to dry hop with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PghMakesMeDrunk

Reaction score
So, I whipped up this recipe a few weeks ago and brewed yesterday. I wanted to use Sorachi Ace instead of Amarillo, but the LHBS was out of Sorachi. I know, nothing alike but I still thought I could make a tasty, fruity, citrusy, flowery light Wheat Ale with us05 ..Im kind of debating on what to dry hop with here? All Amarillo or half and half Amarillo and Nelson? Here goes..

5.25 gal. batch size
Est OG = 1.052
OG = 1.045 ( came in a little low )

5# Briess 2 row
3# Flaked Wheat
1# White Wheat
2.5 oz. Rice Hulls
.5 oz. Honey Malt
1# Orange Blossom Honey (@ Flame out)

.25 oz. Nelson Sauvin 12.5% aa - 60
.25 oz. Nelson Sauvin 12.5% aa - 22
.25 oz. Amarillo 9.3%aa - 8
.25 oz. Citra 13.9% aa - 8
.25 tsp. Coriander - 5
.25 tsp. Sweet Orange Peel - 5
.25 tsp. Lemon Peel - 5
.75 oz. Amarillo 9.3% aa - 0
.75 oz. Citra 13.9% aa - 0
.5 oz Nelson Sauvin 12.5% aa - 0
.25 oz. Dried Jasmine Flowers - 0

.25 tsp White Labs Yeast Nutrient
1 pkg. US05

Just wondering what you guys think out there as far as dry hopping goes? I was thinking either 2 oz. of Amarillo, or 1 oz of Amarillo and 1 oz. of Nelson, or 1 oz. of each and a little more dried Jasmine?

Guess it really just depends on what it tastes like after a week or 2 and go from there.

I know, man. Thats what I was thinking too. I'll just have to get some. I have a good bit of unopened hops I just hate spending money on more. I went way overboard in the beginning with hop purchases, haha..
If you could go with Citra AND Amarillo, it would be awsome

I know what you mean,but there could NEVER be a situation where you use those 2 hops and regret having done it

Back