what to do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonathanballato

Reaction score
this is my first batch of home brew. I decided to do a steam beer and used Saflager S-23. My og was 100.50 and after my airlock slowed(4days) I took another reading and it was 100.14 What should i do Rack it or let it ride

Thanks

Your OG reading seems to be a little off. I'll assume you mean 1.050 and 1.014. Regardless, ignore the air lock for now. You took a reading and got 1.014. Try again tomorrow or the next day and see if it changes. If not, rack it. Otherwise, let it ride.

Side note, based on the numbers you are at 72% attenuation. The expected attenuation of this yeast is 73-77%, so you are close to done, if not done already.

Doesn't hurt to sit and make sure that its completely finish. You could also take a reading several days to see if its stable.

whoops , miss typed thanks for the help.
So based on the attenuation should I bottle or rack it? I don't want a bunch of grenades going off!

I would also like to dry hop it

Latest posts

Back