What to do in Athens, GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We will be making our first trip to Athens this weekend for the game. Roll Tide!

I have heard this is a great city and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to visit.

Thanks ahead of time.

Terrapin Brewing if you have time for the tour.

Hugh Acheson's Five & Ten restaurant has gotten a lot of attention and national acclaim, though I haven't eaten there, so the recommendation is strictly from reviews.

For a real Athens experience, the Gyro Wrap was always one of my favorite places.

If you're staying overnight, the 40 Watt Club is iconic Athens, especially if you're into music.

Authentic, real-deal soul food? Weaver D's Delicious Fine Foods. Automatic y'all. Another article: Weaver D's Designated "American Classic" by James Beard Foundation.

Hope this helps.
Chad

One more thing you can do in Athens? Lose. :p

<----Dawg, class of '85

Chad

One more thing you can do in Athens? Lose. :p

LOL. Only took 4 replies to get a real zinger! :D I like both teams, and am a fan of Bama, but I think I'm putting my pick on UGA this week. They looked real good last week IMO. I look forward to watching.

Sorry I don't have any hotspot recommendations. Looks like Soulive and Chad have you quite busy though. :)

Thanks for all of the recommendations- this is going to be a great weekend! I think we will definitely be going to Terrapin Brewing Friday night to start the celebration! It going to be a great game- I can't wait to see Cody take the Dawgs out to the shed :).

I'll have to see where the lady wants to eat though :).

Back