What to brew with pacman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erroneous

Reaction score
I'm going to harvest some pacman yeast for an arrogant bastard clone and was wondering what other beer styles would be good for it. I'm hoping for something large and malty.

Dead Guy!!!!!! You HAVE to do Dead Guy if you have pacman yeast, and especially if you can ferment at 60 degrees! I have a clone recipe posted, if you're interested.

I like doing barley wine with pacman. You can use a lot of crystal malt and pacman can still ferment pretty low.

Dead Guy!!!!!! You HAVE to do Dead Guy if you have pacman yeast, and especially if you can ferment at 60 degrees! I have a clone recipe posted, if you're interested.

Yep this is a must brew with pacman yeast.

Kind of :off: but if you guys cant get pacman and your LHBS carries White Labs... Use the San Diego Super Yeast. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone but I bet its the same thing! ;)

Make a wash with it, give it to a distiller, and get some 3522 to make some beer or something :)

Cool, I might save some for a barley wine or anything else it seems. Unfortunately I haven't had Dead Guy mainly because the sports bar near me that carries it (on tap too) also carries Arrogant Bastard on tap and I just can't keep myself from ordering it. I have a fermenter fridge so I can keep it steady and cool.

Still have to cultivate it from a Rogue Chocolate Stout but I see a nice sediment on the bottom so it should work.

It has to be a Shakespeare Stout clone. I adore that beer, quite in contrast with the rest of the Rogue complement. I'm attempting a vague replication (a clone would demand the correct yeast) with Notty soon.

I'd love to try your Dead Guy clone Yooper! I am doing all Grain 5 gallon but have access to a brutus stand and can split batches with a buddy of mine if the recipe is for larger batches.

Please post it. My LHBS just opened around the corner from my house and they are carrying Pacman. I brewed an IPA with it and can wash the yeast for the Dead Guy.

Latest posts

Back