What to Brew Now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlmustang

Reaction score
I have done an IPA, milk stout, coffee stout, rye pale ale, Oktoberfest and an Irish red.

I want to brew this weekend, but am open to suggestions for inspiration. I do all grain BIAB 5 gallon batches.

What do you got HBT? :rockin::mug:

I have seen a lot of people talking about cream ale, but don't think I have ever had it. Sounds like an adventure. Is it heavy?

Try a SMaSH (single malt, single hop) beer to get more familiar with different malts and hops.

Try a SMaSH (single malt, single hop) beer to get more familiar with different malts and hops.

Thought about it, but I have done a couple already. I used a SMASH beer to formulate my house IPA. Great beers, so simple!

American Wheat, or a Witbier with or without fruit (your preference, but I don't usually go for it...)

Or maybe just hit up the BJCP guidelines and look through all of the different styles. There's a lot of them.

Have you tried BierMunchers Centennial Blonde Ale? That is a great, easy beer that appeals to most any beer drinker. I think it is the number 1 recipe on HBT. I have that in bottles right now.

Have you tried BierMunchers Centennial Blonde Ale? That is a great, easy beer that appeals to most any beer drinker. I think it is the number 1 recipe on HBT. I have that in bottles right now.

I have not! May have to give that a shot. I'll check the recipe.

I have seen a lot of people talking about cream ale, but don't think I have ever had it. Sounds like an adventure. Is it heavy?

Not at all heavy, check the recipe section - really easy in terms of ingredients.

Love my cream ales and no, not heavy at all. It's the closest thing to BMC for all my friends that like that sort of thing.

I suggest a California common. Amazing flavor from a simple grain and hop bill.

Went with the centennial blonde ale. It was like $23 for the grains, hops and yeast! Had really nice color and i hit all the metrics. Will definitely brew again if it tastes up to snuff.

$23 for 2 cases of quality beer, can't beat that commercially.

And thats with the yeast. One day i'll get around to harvesting and storing yeast (yeast ranching i think, in the freezer) then you can knock another $7 off that $23.

Went with the centennial blonde ale. It was like $23 for the grains, hops and yeast! Had really nice color and i hit all the metrics. Will definitely brew again if it tastes up to snuff.

I was mulling doing a blonde wheat ale using milder Cascade ... but I spent my grain money at the time taking a chance on craft beer.
One of my boys goes to a military school hidden in the hills of Vermont. His military science instructor has his own small brewery called Fourteenth Star in St. Albans. His blonde wheat ale looks like cloudy lemonade, light, and low ABV.
I might take a stab at that later. Similar to a witbier which is also on the "to do" list.
So little time, too many choices. :)

Back