What switches will work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukeedogs

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415984526.220621.jpg. Hey everyone , thanks for the advise in advance. I am ordering all these parts from auber, but I don't know what 2 switches I should order, for the pumps ( a chugger and a little 12v) and the elements ( one 1500 and one 2000) anyone have any reccomendations? I'd like to Order them from auber too cause I'm in canada and shipping is expensive . Thx a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you are running 1500w, 120v elements then you need a switch rated for 15a. For 2000w, 120v, you need a switch rated for 20a. Most of Auber's switches are not rated at that amperage, and are generally used to switch higher rated contactors. They do carry a 15a rocker switch.

Check the max amperage draw on your pumps to see what you need for them.

Also, I assume you will run each element off a separate 120v circuit, so there is no problem if both elements are firing. If that is not the case, you really need a 3-way switch (break before make) to ensure only one is firing at a time.

Back