What should I expect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrizlyGarou

Reaction score
I primed 5 gallons of a gluten-free beer (that's not the important part) with a measly pint of cider, as that was all I had that was gluten-free when I had the time to bottle it. It's been on the bottles for a few days, and since it was my first batch with the sorghum syrup I had to try some before it was really done being green. It tastes good, the person I made it for agreed that it was good, but I'm wondering how much that measly pint will do for the carbonation of it. The cider weighed out to 1.048, and I used safale us-05. I'm figuring this is never going to have a lot of carbonation. Anybody ever used such a small amount to carb a beer before?

Thats fairly close to 4 ounces of sugar, should be about right.

Is cane sugar not gluten free, or do you not have it in your house?

Yeah, I've got priming sugar but I guess she has issues with sugar, too. I figured spiced cider would work well to fight the disgusting taste of the sorghum, but there was only a pint left when I decided to bottle. I guess it worked out pretty well though!

Back