What should I do with all these hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoelMueller

Reaction score
Alright, so i'm a total newb and after brewing a few kits, decided to buy some stuff in bulk. That turned out to be a pretty pointless decision, but nonetheless, I need to make use of these hops..

I have like 12 oz of El Dorado and 6 oz. of Summit sitting in my freezer.

I like IPAs and Pale Ales, but im not sure how to utilize all of this El Dorado (fruity) and Summit (not sure, some say oniony.) Not sure why I bought these two varieties in bulk.

As far as fermentables, I have plenty of Gold LME, Light, Pilsen and Amber DME, and few 1lb bags of crushed Caramel 60L, Caramel 40L and Caramel 10L that I need to use before they go stale. I also have a few packs of US-05, a packet of BRY-97 and a Mangrove Jack west-coast ale.

Use the Summit for bittering if you're concerned about onion/garlic flavor some seem to get when using them late in the boil. I've used them at flameout and got nothing but orange/ tangerine aroma.
I'd pair the El Dorado with a spicy or piney variety like Simcoe or Chinook.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I did a ipa with all el dorado hops and it came out very nice when used for bittering it has an almost pepper flavor so I'd say make an ipa with some el dorado. Dont forget to dry hop it they smell awesome. As for the summit I really dont know what to tell you.

Back