What should I brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldies

Reaction score
Okay fellas gotta ask for some help here. I have Willamette's, EKG, and some cascade hops in the freezer. I have Wyeast Pacman yeast that I have never tried before and excited to use it. On to my question, what should I brew that this yeast will be good with?

Just for a little backround I have an American wheat that will be kegged tonight, an American Stout on tap, and just brewed a mild this weekend with EKG and fuggles. I dont need to stick to the 3 hop varietys I have listed above but everybody loves saving money right!!!!

With a wheat, stout and a mild I would go with a pale ale.

I love going to the fridge and having to decide what kind of beer to get:mug: rather than just get me a beer

Pale sounds good. I know this yeast strain can be used in a lot of different ales, just wanted to get some ideas as to who has used it and what did they make.

Get some simcoe and make a simcoe/cascade pale ale. I had one for my superbowl party and it was a big hit. My neighbor actually just asked me to make him a keg for his annual party in a couple months.

Simcoe/cascade/pacman for the win!

I use pacman a lot. It's an awesome yeast for IPA's, American stouts, APA's or anything neutral. It's a bit bigger attenuator than the chico strain and does really well if you can ferment at 60F. I have a package in my stash and I think I'll make an American stout in a few weeks when my fermentation chest freezer is opened up...

Get some simcoe and make a simcoe/cascade pale ale. I had one for my superbowl party and it was a big hit. My neighbor actually just asked me to make him a keg for his annual party in a couple months.

I use pacman a lot. It's an awesome yeast for IPA's, American stouts, APA's or anything neutral. It's a bit bigger attenuator than the chico strain and does really well if you can ferment at 60F. I have a package in my stash and I think I'll make an American stout in a few weeks when my fermentation chest freezer is opened up...

Hmmm I actually think I have a ounce or two of simcoe in the freezer as well. Thanks for the reminder. That sound like a great recipe. Do you mind sharing yours?

I would like a simcoe and cascade pale ale recipe as well.

Hmmm I actually think I have a ounce or two of simcoe in the freezer as well. Thanks for the reminder. That sound like a great recipe. Do you mind sharing yours?

No I don't mind but I need to find it. Let me see if I have it here.

OK here is what I did. Mine was pretty low on the SRM. I would call it more of an extra pale than a pale but you could always throw some crystal in there if you wanted some extra color/caramel notes. I was thinking of a half pound of caramunich the next time I do this brew.

11.0 lb Golden Promise
0.5 lb Malted White Wheat

0.5 oz Cascade - 60 min
0.5 oz Simcoe - 60 min
0.5 oz Cascade - 30 min
0.25 oz Simcoe - 15 min
0.25 oz Simcoe - 5 min
1 oz Simcoe - dry hop

This was a great beer and 5 gallons lasted through only the first half of my superbowl party this past February.

Back