What Preparation are You Making for the Coming Apocalypse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, yeah, sounds like a perfect safehouse: a small, wood-framed, single-floor hut with one exit. Remind me to raid your place for grain when you're a zombie....

Ah, but you have not seen the kevlar layer under the nomex sheathing, nor the telescoping pier & beam foundation that can raise the brewhause 40 feet in the air while laying a 360 degree firestorm of 00 buckshot with the auto zombie head targeting system. It can be operated with one hand so you don't spill your beer during the sparge. :cross:

It can be operated with one hand so you don't spill your beer during the sparge. :cross:

Dangit! I knew I should have gotten that option rather than the 6-CD changer and sport rims.

Chad

I figured it out, at least for the masses. I can co-op with some neighbors and we can dig a huge trench on each side through the one road we live on, thus isolating us from heavy infiltration by vehicle. Sniper towers can be set up at these spots and monitored 24x7. Since the road runs through a valley, we are between two mountain ranges which are natural barriers. Anyone that gets through we can hunt down with the dogs. :D

Ah, but you have not seen the kevlar layer under the nomex sheathing, nor the telescoping pier & beam foundation that can raise the brewhause 40 feet in the air while laying a 360 degree firestorm of 00 buckshot with the auto zombie head targeting system. It can be operated with one hand so you don't spill your beer during the sparge. :cross:

Well now you're just being ridiculous. Auto zombie head targeting system? To borrow loosely from Chris Rock, we can't make a cadillac that lasts for more than 20 years, how the hell you gonna get some kind of technology that auto-targets something like that? There's no heat signature, at least not one that's any different from the rest of the body, so it can't be infrared. I call BS.

I like the rest of your plan, but I was looking through the brewhaus construction photos and I don't see any pictures of your telescoping foundation piers. Looks to me like little more than those precast cement deck feet. What am I missing? :D

Well now you're just being ridiculous. Auto zombie head targeting system? To borrow loosely from Chris Rock, we can't make a cadillac that lasts for more than 20 years, how the hell you gonna get some kind of technology that auto-targets something like that? There's no heat signature, at least not one that's any different from the rest of the body, so it can't be infrared. I call BS.

I like the rest of your plan, but I was looking through the brewhaus construction photos and I don't see any pictures of your telescoping foundation piers. Looks to me like little more than those precast cement deck feet. What am I missing? :D

Heat tracking is ancient technology. Hell, there's guys on YouTube that have made auto tracking "paintball" turrets that visually determine center of body mass (or boom-headshot if preferred). Word on the street is that DeepSix did the programming but I can't confirm that...

Heat tracking is ancient technology. Hell, there's guys on YouTube that have made auto tracking "paintball" turrets that visually determine center of body mass (or boom-headshot if preferred). Word on the street is that DeepSix did the programming but I can't confirm that...

Was it heat tracking or machine vision? The clip I saw didn't explain what the sensor technology was.

SWMBO says i'm not supposed to comment on this one as it has been my dream to see civilization crumble and have to move into the mountains after raiding Wal-mart and Home depot. Oh well guess i didn't listen again.

Ahh, looks can be deceiving. You see exactly what I want you to see. :cross:

The auto targeting system is part of a classified project done here in the heart of Texas Techland. It's not infrared based, but it can detect rotting brain matter at 200 yards.

The auto targeting system is part of a classified project done here in the heart of Texas Techland. It's not infrared based, but it can detect rotting brain matter at 200 yards.

This is terribly disappointing. People like you want to take the fun out of zombie-hunting. I won't stand for it, sir. I move that we strike the use of all zombie-hunting weapons that allow more than 25 yards distance between you and the zombie.

Just use edge detection software which traces an outline, like a silhouette, finds the shoulders, neck then head and pop goes the dweezel. Probably find a freeware version out there. You will need the zombie database though. Amazomby has it starting at $29.99 plus shipping. :D

I'll turn my taps around and jump into my keggerator. I'm 5'9", so I'll never get out, but I'll have beer taps pointed my way, so I won't care. Until the urine gets deep. but then the jellyfish stings won't hurt, so, meh.

Two words for you bro: Drain hole. 2 minutes with the cordless drill, and BAM, you have a safe haven, with no floating in urine needed!

As for me... I'll probably grab the kegs and the CO2 tank, duck into the cellar, and lock the door. It'll do until the zombies start taking out the floor to the porch, and hopefully I can be blissfully drunk by that point.

If the end of the world is not filled with zombies, well, then I guess I'm just gonna wing it. Too many variables to make a proper plan. Just have to guess.

As long as my wife and I are gainfully employed, I'm happy. Since I work in the med/tech industries, my job is relatively stable. She's a dental assistant, and it seems that in the face of economic hardship, people stop going to the dentist, so if she does get laid off it may get difficult.

So meanwhile I'm hoarding into savings as much as I can.

Maybe we should ask for a Zombie subsection, and pull all the threads about it and survival brewing (the GAP threads) into one place...That way, we'll have a great online compendium of useless..erm I mean useful information...:D

So wait I am not the only one with a Zombie fetish? did I just say that out loud?

So far what everyone is talking about seems like my neighborhood now.

I have these ready just in case. :D

IMG_1611%20(Medium).JPG

XD3.jpg

ill be drinking beer, having sex, and doing what i want....and ill stock up on twinkies...cuz those survive anything

Maybe we should ask for a Zombie subsection, and pull all the threads about it and survival brewing (the GAP threads) into one place...That way, we'll have a great online compendium of useless..erm I mean useful information...:D

+1 to that! :D We can also include Zombie sightings, w/pics, so we know what to watch out for. :cross:

I have plenty of guns, ammo, yeast, hops rhizomes, and just about everything else I'll need. I have an agronomy degree, so I'll put it to use trying to grow barley in Texas. Now I just need to learn to malt.

I figure a self-sufficient brewer will be a wealthy and popular man post-apocalypse.

the recipe for surviving a zombpocalypse is simple. You need weapons, ammo, lots of gasoline and a generator, a way of treating water, a defensible compound in a rural area and stockpiles of food and medicine. the tough part is having all of these before the zombpocalypse begins. if you are missing any one thing, you will at some point have to move, and this is your biggest danger. it is while on the move you are the most vulnerable. it is a relatively simple thing to obtain everything listed above except for a defensible compound in a rural area. having said that, who here is volunteering to host a HBT holdout should worse come to worst?

On Z day I will occupy the Playboy mansion. Zombie Playmates....I can live/die with that.:fro:

awesome, you're in buffalo right? that covers the northeast. that would be a long trek through zombieland for the rest of us though. we need more volunteers!

I volunteer, only 1 road in to the neighborhood, with good overwatch from the treeline on the hill. Most of my neighbors are armed. We could pretty much hold off all but armored or airborne assaults.

I'll turn my taps around and jump into my keggerator. I'm 5'9", so I'll never get out, but I'll have beer taps pointed my way, so I won't care. Until the urine gets deep. but then the jellyfish stings won't hurt, so, meh.

You should seriously consider keeping the jellyfish in another kegorator.

I can't be so prepared yet, but as soon as I get a house, I'll be building a bug-in spot. I already have knowledge about food preparation, construction, first aid, and all around 'roughing it'. Heck, why do you think I learned all grain brewing? Certainly not for the fun of it :p. I gotta have *some* occupation when society falls, and lord knows I can't do the world's oldest profession. The only section I'm lacking in knowledge is guns and ammo. I do have a wicked machete though! Cuts through blackberry brambles like they're buttah, and I keep it razor sharp.

Worst comes to worst and I have to flee the city, I'll be going to mom's house out in BFE. The hardest part will be actually getting there, and avoiding the Indian reservation.

This site was mentioned in another zombie thread. It's chock full of survival and disaster preparedness information! Read it. Love it. Work it.

I'd just like to thank the op I just wasted 3 hours reading on the zombie squad site......Worst part is I want to read more lmao

Back