What passes as analysist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic8Ball

Reaction score
I was reading in the moring news about the low sales woes of Hieniken in Europe (link). How they are adding lemon to "innovate." But what shot coffee into my nasal passages was this quote, “Beer’s losing out to other beverages,” said Ian Shackleton, an analyst at Nomura in London. “You could argue that’s because brewers haven’t been as innovative. The question is: how do you innovate in lager? It’s all a bit samey.”

Samey? How do you innovate? I dont think Ian Shackleton has been introduced to any craft beer yet. :drunk::confused:

Everyone in the business knows you can't sell more beer by making it taste better. You sell more beer by introducing new packaging concepts, like:

Beer In A Bag
Turbo Pour
The "Vaccunator" Can
Foam Buster Bottle
Swirl Top
The Suds Stopper
The TWAT (Tells When Ale is to Temp) Bottle
etc. ad naseum

Everyone in the business knows you can't sell more beer by making it taste better. You sell more beer by introducing new packaging concepts, like:

Beer In A Bag
Turbo Pour
The "Vaccunator" Can
Foam Buster Bottle
Swirl Top
The Suds Stopper
The TWAT (Tells When Ale is to Temp) Bottle
etc. ad naseum

I do enjoy the bud and miller super bowl beer ads. So BMC is not all "samey", coors hasn't had a decent super bowl commercial... ever.

I do enjoy the bud and miller super bowl beer ads. So BMC is not all "samey", coors hasn't had a decent super bowl commercial... ever.

Well, I think all Coors needs is more commercials with scantily clad hot chicks. It's not like they have an image to concern themselves with... :cross:

Back